The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BendMaster problem ?

3 posters

Go down

BendMaster problem ? Empty BendMaster problem ?

Post by crazyaxe50 Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Is there anybody else out there have problem's keeping there Bendmaster in tune? I have the Spectrum DX w/bendmaster trem & lock down's and westone machine heads..whad up? wont stay in tune!
crazyaxe50
crazyaxe50
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

BendMaster problem ? Empty Re: BendMaster problem ?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:25 pm

All trems have issues staying in tune depending on how you use them. I have a PRS with locking tuners that seems to the best setup I've used as far as a trem goes, but I don't hammer the thing. If you do dive bombs or really use it for pitch changes it is difficult for any trem to get back to it's '0' point and remain in tune.

There are some after market items that you can install in place of one or more of the trem springs in the back of the guitar. I bought 2 of the goldbox/goldblock (forget the name) but havent installed either yet. Another is the Hipshot Tremsetter which looked more difficult to install. They (amongs others) do the same thing by returning the bridge back to the 'original' position, even after a dive bomb. I think corsair or maybe another forum member has these in place and have good things to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BendMaster problem ? Empty trem problem

Post by crazyaxe50 Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:10 pm

no dive bombs! and the spring are tight! the adjustment tab's or screw adjustment knob's are real loose, the machine work is real sloppy .the 5th & 4th string go out tune constantly . what i don't understand, is the strings are locked in! It almost act's like the strings are stretching like there new .
crazyaxe50
crazyaxe50
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Maybe missing a shim under the locking saddle?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 am

Make sure there's no binding at any of the contact points - the bridge posts, the saddles, and the nut; if necessary, strip the thing down and lube the contact points with some Nut Sauce or similar. Make sure the strings aren't binding in the nut.

Once everythings working the way it should you should be OK; I've found that light strings are quite susceptible to going out of tune; heavier seems to be better, but I have a set of 9-46s on my Sp1012 atm and once they settled down - it took a week!! - they're fine.

If you're gonna dive bomb, you'll need a trem setter of some sort; I've got the Goldo backbox in my guiatrs becasue I like them; they're simple to install, though setting the pre-load is a bit fiddly and they're cheap!

It sounds a little like your machine heads need a bit of a tickle up, too - Racing put a post up somewhere dealing with exactly that issue... see if you can find it!

It also sounds like your string lock isn't working efficiently and I wonder if perhaps the bolts haven't stripped out the thread in the base?
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 am

If you have it set up to float, it will never stay in tune unless the bridge plate is level or parallel to the strings.

If your issue is bridge leveling, you can solve it by blocking the tremolo so that it will only dive and not pull up. This should help your tuning stability greatly - if this is the issue.

I have used the tremsetter and it works but is somewhat difficult to install and a bit fiddly to adjust. I am eager to try the other product mentioned here; the 'goldbox'.

I currently have an X-390 with a Bendmaster Deluxe. I blocked the tremolo with a quarter (U.S. $0.25 coin) held in with a couple of short screws in the claw cavity and my guitar's tuning is stable.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down