The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A

2 posters

Go down

New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Empty New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A

Post by AndyGoblin Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 am

Hi
My first post here due to my recent acquisitions so thought I'd say hi and let you know what I've got! Back in the 80s my first 'proper' guitar was a Spectrum DX, which I loved but eventually sold. Always liked the Thunder though and 20 odd years later I found a tatty one on ebay for £79, as you guys will know the neck is amazing but overall it needs a little tlc, seriously worn frets near the headstock make it unplayable on those frets. So that's my first job but being an absolute novice when it comes to such things (i.e does it need a re-fret or will filing down do the job?) I will be looking for helpful hints etc when I get around to attempting it in the next few weeks and you guys seem to have alot of experience between you.

That brings me onto my more recent acquisition, I couldn't believe this one, picked up a Concorde II series 3 yesterday in a pawn shop for £16!! Now it is severely beaten and bruised and I suspect the electrics are gone (not had chance to plug it in but the sound of loose things knocking about inside doesn't bode well). It has numerous dings on the body, some of the lacquer is gone on the first 2 or 3 frets, the bridge string adjusters look a bit dodgy, someone has drilled an extra hole next to the jack(?!) and there is no logo decal on the headstock BUT the neck is sound and it plays really well so even if I keep it in the office for messing around on it's £16 well spent! I have already ordered some new control knobs and a selector switch top for peanuts off ebay (as the existing ones are either cracked or in the case of the switch missing) but would love to use it as my first real foray into restoration. I will post some pics when I get chance but I look forward to picking your brains and it's great to see that there is still a dedicated community to Westone New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Icon_biggrin
AndyGoblin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Back to top Go down

New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Empty Re: New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A

Post by munkieNL Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Congrats on your finds, no i'm not jealous New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Icon_rolleyes
You can have almost anything made via the WWW nowadays. just got myself a Thunderjet with a non original truss rod cover. I ordered a TRC from a guy here in Holland who can do computer aided engraving. I sent him a picture, he 'shopped it a bit. Today he sent me a mail with pix of the TRC's:

New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A WestoneThunderjet8

So i got 2 for the price of 1 New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Icon_biggrin
munkieNL
munkieNL

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-12-26

https://s591.photobucket.com/user/munkieNL/library/guitars?sort=3

Back to top Go down

New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A Empty Re: New projects Concorde II and Thunder 1-A

Post by AndyGoblin Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:10 pm

That's a really good job! I need a logo/decals for the Concorde, done a bit of digging online and looks like a self made transfer onto a sanded headstock is the easiest option then lacquer over the top. Would have to copy the logo and then use a package to make the background transparent instead of white... just need to play around with it I guess.
AndyGoblin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down