The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge

4 posters

Go down

Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge Empty Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge

Post by Sergiofab Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 am

Hi all, Sergio here, from France.
I have been playing my 1987 Spectrum II since 1990. Today it's bridge mechanics cant take it any longer.
My luthier gave up fixing it and auggested a replacement with a kickass hipshot, robust and wide enough to cover the screw holes.

Are you aware of any other alternatives ?

Thanks for each little pièce of knowledge you'll want to share with me Wink

Cheers,
Sergio
Sergiofab
Sergiofab

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-03-29

Back to top Go down

Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge Empty Re: Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge

Post by Barry Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Bonjour Sergio et bienvenue!

My knowledge of Westone basses is limited so I cannot be of much help in recommending a replacement. Perhaps one of our members will be able to suggest something.

If you are not worrying about keeping everything original I would suggest you simply go with whatever works and looks OK.

Sounds like your guitar tech already has a solution. Being able to continue playing the instrument is the most important thing.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge Empty Re: Replacing spectrum II 4 string bass bridge

Post by Sergiofab Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Thanks Barry for your suggestion!
Sergiofab
Sergiofab

Registration date : 2024-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry_B Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:18 pm

What's actually gone wrong with the bass bridge?
Jerry_B
Jerry_B
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2022-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyG Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:21 am

You might be lucky if you google ‘Westone Spectrum Bass Bridge’. I did see some Westone gear a while back. 
Also,is it more than just replacing the saddles and screws, cos that’s all I did with mine.
RustyG
RustyG

Registration date : 2015-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry_B Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:43 pm

The magnacast bridges are usually very robust. The height adjustment screws and the intonation screws for the saddles that can sometimes wear out. Luckily both can be easily replaced as they're standard items on a lot of other non-Westone basses. I'd be wary of a tech saying the whole bridge needs to be replaced.
Jerry_B
Jerry_B
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2022-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down