The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime

4 posters

Go down

Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime Empty Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime

Post by TPGD Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:01 am

Hi everyone,
Can you help - Somewhat on a whim I bought a Westone Thunder jet bass waaay back in 1984, primarily because I saw Stuart Morrow of New Model Army play one at the original Marquee (those that know...know!) and he made it sound and look phenomenal.

To my eternal regret, I didn't learn to play my bass properly back in the day and it has sat its case in the loft - loved but unused - for the best part of forty years.

My NY resolution is to do what I should have done in the 80s - learn to play the bass properly. I have dug my bass out and it is in relatively good nick, apart from the bridge, which is showing rust/corrosion on the saddles, saddle height adjustment screws & the intonation screws/springs.

Can anyone recommend a source for original or comparable Westone bass bridge parts?

I appreciate any help in getting my bass back to its former glory. My neighbours probably do not... Wink
TPGD
TPGD

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2024-02-05

Spindrift likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime Empty Re: Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime

Post by Barry Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:46 am

Hi and welcome.

As an anti-SPAM measure, new members must wait 7 days before they're able to post hyperlinks.

When you're able to, please show us the condition of your bass and we can comment more intelligently on what to do.

Generally speaking corrosion can be easily removed/cleaned and the original parts restored without too much problem. And it's likely you'll not find a direct replacement.

Here's a bit more info on our website, scroll down to #7: LINK

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime Empty Re: Bringing An Old Westone Thunder Jet Bass Back to Its Prime

Post by Spindrift Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:07 pm

Happy to come across a fellow ThunderJet owner! I had a similar issue with mine, I opted to replace the saddles with a Graphtec set - other aftermarket options are available and won't break the bank too much
Spindrift
Spindrift
Registered Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2023-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry_B Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:05 am

The saddle screws etc can be replaced with pretty much any other Fender-type ones. I recently bought a few cheap (8 quid) Harley Benton bridges just so that I could use them for spare parts.
Jerry_B
Jerry_B
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2022-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down