The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale

5 posters

Go down

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Empty Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale

Post by elainelaneymiller Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:40 am

Some extremely rare Westone Guitars made in Matsumoto Japan & also modulus graphite England are to be sold on the 8th of March by the reputable auction house of Gardiner & Houlgate.
Two very rare and beautiful L5 size guitars being a sunburst (PO501) and its partner blonde mark ed as King 2 and probably the best that ever came out of Matsumoto, the quality matches any equivalent USA similar model.
Joining these are the Prestige 150, 227 and top of the line prestige 250, rainbow models 1 &2 and a lovely session 2.
The English later Sid Poole designed, and Modulus Graphite made corsair & cutlass round off a Westone collectors dream having been mine! adding to this some Electra MPC guitars please do not miss out on bidding which you can do live from anywhere!
Here a link to the digital catalogue  https://issuu.com/gardinerhoulgate/docs/guitar_catalogue_march_2023_compressed?fr=sZTVlMDU0MzUzMDg

Here the main site which explains how you can bid buy etc, my current medical condition has forced the sale of my prized collection and I wish you all the best!
https://auctions.gardinerhoulgate.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgJKS5Jak_QIVyuvtCh0SUAGTEAAYASAAEgKOTfD_BwE
elainelaneymiller
elainelaneymiller
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-01-12

Back to top Go down

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Empty Re: Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale

Post by gittarasaurus Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:56 pm

that is some huge collection! i found 21 Westone guitars in the catalog. (there are 2 left handed Westies listed, Concord, Paduak)
the estimated prices seem quite reasonable, and with so many more expensive guitars for sale, i would guess the Westones will go for good prices.

King, Session, Prestige, Rainbow, Thunder, Concord, Paduak, Spectrum, Sid Poole Corsair

among all the Gibson and Fenders and others, there are also some Electra MPC guitars, Aria Pro too

to make it easier on anybody else looking, here are the lot numbers for the Westone guitars i found:
63, 64, 78, 81, 83, 86, 93, 95, 98, 99, 101, 104, 105, 115, 277, 507, 626, 684, 685, 687, 702

too bad for those of us in the US or Canada though.
26% buyers premium, plus packaging and international shipping, kinda kills the chance to get a good deal.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Empty Re: Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale

Post by Barry Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:06 am

Thanks for taking time to do this Mike.

I had a brief look late last night and it wasn't immediately apparent just where to find the Westies. But they are there alright.

Interested viewers can also use the "Find" utility (magnifying glass icon) in the bottom right corner to search for something specific.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Don Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:51 am

Mmmmmm nice Spectrum FX there and the auction is close to Don Towers.
The Don
The Don

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Empty Gardner Houlgate Kevin Millet Auction

Post by elainelaneymiller Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:23 pm

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  84012967-e7e5-4f65-a3bd-651607e504basale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  67874587-5ba2-454c-acc6-eb3bf5e85938sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  6f6366df-73b1-4fe7-8302-6082282ca13csale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  0aafb48d-4952-4e08-bda1-1d9f4da3b028sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  9a690009-e016-4d05-be39-9b25aa0e2539sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  525f5723-c7f5-4e7d-b1a7-9d9bb794265dsale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  C268fae0-2e82-49ce-8cb0-b4b158d82a5dsale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  B23b1586-ab70-4022-9c11-edb99bc17994sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Daf508f9-6071-4fbd-a314-82a47d5ae461sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  C05be447-9982-44ad-ae96-49773b29b742sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  54ed1f41-70cf-4638-996d-83bc90baedf0sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  6111a9bd-7984-4595-ba65-377372eae38bsale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  E22181e7-fc3d-4e63-9664-68182fb6ee08sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  84fc4295-b7a4-4817-8209-c554987565e8sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  113d3660-58ed-46c2-9ba7-e7c05ce24862
elainelaneymiller
elainelaneymiller
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-01-12

Back to top Go down

sale - Westone Top End Guitar Collection For Sale  Empty Westone Top End Sale - Lot 83 A 1983 Session II Electrical issue?

Post by WonkyBongo Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:56 pm

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for posting. A fine collection indeed. The auction catalogue says Lot 83, the 1983 Session II has an electrical issue, either jack or earth. Would you happen to know what the issue might be?

Good luck with the sale (and wish me luck bidding:-)
WonkyBongo
WonkyBongo
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2023-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by WonkyBongo Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:49 pm

Apologies if I've double posted this message. I'm new to the Forum and site and to these lovely instruments but recently acquired a Japanese acoustic from 70s/80s period and am getting the bug very badly.

Message sent earlier re the auction of Elaine's instruments:
"Hi Elaine,

Thank you for posting. A fine collection indeed. The auction catalogue says Lot 83, the 1983 Session II has an electrical issue, either jack or earth. Would you happen to know what the issue might be?

Good luck with the sale (and wish me luck bidding:-)"
WonkyBongo
WonkyBongo
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:41 pm

Wonky, I could be wrong but I think Elaine joined the forum to promote the auction rather than participate in discussion. Auctioneers are not necessarily experts in the items they sell.

In any event I think she has already stated what the apparent problem is and quite honestly a jack would be a simple repair: either clean the contacts, solder a loose connection, or replace it altogether.

From experience, most jack related problems are caused by oxidation on the contacts which causes crackling and signal cutout . Easily fixed with contact cleaner and/or light rubbing with fine abrasive paper.

If you are interested in this guitar, I'd not hesitate if that's your only concern.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by WonkyBongo Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:36 am

Thank you for getting back to me Barry. It’s auction viewing tomorrow and Tuesday, 6th and 7th, and although it’s a drive I’m going to get along at some point. I’ll take a replacement cable and see if they’ll let me test it. The price will be plus 26.4% buyers fees so if the electrical problem is internal then I wouldn’t be confident I could fix it myself in which case luthier costs would make it prohibitive for me. I greatly appreciate your thoughts and feedback Barry. Best, K
WonkyBongo
WonkyBongo
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WonkyBongo Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:37 pm

POST-AUCTION UPDATE:

Wow.

When the auctioneer got to the Westone's on day 1 he announced that the seller had lodged 70 instruments for sale from their collection.

For several lots competing international bids were being placed, at one point France, Italy, Switzerland, UAE, UK, US all bidding for the same instruments.

The Westone archtops I had my eye on began bidding way above the estimate putting them out of my range, including a lovely Morris acoustic which was estimated as £150-£250 but bidding opened at £520.

In the end I wasn't able to get to the auction room. Instead I bid blind online, an absolute no-no.

And ended up with a 1983 Westone Rainbow I version 2 in vintage walnut with original fitted case, and an immaculate Westone strap.

It is utterly lovely. Plays like a dream. I am in love.

Thank you Westone Forum for being an invaluable resource when I was researching these extraordinary Japanese instruments.

I will post photos in due course, but for now I have to go stroke my Westy.
WonkyBongo
WonkyBongo
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:56 pm

Wow indeed!

Thanks for the report and congratulations on getting the Rainbow! It's a beautiful model.
Looking forward to seeing her.

I love an happy ending! *sniff* Dance 1

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down