The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type)

2 posters

Go down

Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type) Empty Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type)

Post by Dee Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Why did Westone have to fit parts to their instruments which are nigh on impossible to replace!!? Booooo!

I have a cracked plastic pickup cover (in cream) on this Thunder II bass. It's a 1982 model with P/J pickup config. I noticed that the cover has rounded edges. The pickup route also has rounded edges, so I'd imagine it's not possible to replace it with the usual kind of Jazz bass pickup covers that are available because these always have square edges. Has anyone here tried to replaced their pickup covers? I'd really appreciate some help.
Dee
Dee
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type) Empty Re: Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type)

Post by corsair Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Show us, man - some of the lads and lasses are quite clever and may have a solution...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type) Empty Re: Thunder II Bass P/U Cover (Jazz type)

Post by Dee Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:32 pm

What do you want me to show you, a pic of the cover itself?

Oh, another thing! I'm also replacing the bridge screws as a couple of them have very mashed up heads. They are 1" long and have domed Philips heads. Once again, they are slightly different to the usual type of replacement bridge screws, such as Fender. They are thinner. Once again, I can't find any that look like they will fit.

Next up is truss rod cover screws (typically, they are thinner than any replacements I've seen). This bass is a pain in the ass. Very Happy
Dee
Dee
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah, well - welcome to the wonderful world of Matsumoku fixing, Dee!! Laughing Pix of the offending bit in close up and backed off so we can see the context would be good.
Take the screws you got and whip down to your local fastener supply warehouse; amongst the millions of screws they should be able to find suitable replacements. Well, that's what I've done in the past - even got me some of those screws for the Allen key holder on the rear of the Bendmaster equipped headstocks... and that was in Dunedin, NZ!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Sounds like a plan.

I was just about to post a pic but the camera battery needs charging. Back in about 3 hours!
Dee
Dee
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down