The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lockdown? Try something different!

2 posters

Go down

Lockdown?  Try something different! Empty Lockdown? Try something different!

Post by ExFender Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:45 pm

Recovering from a broken ankle and going almost stir-crazy, I answered an ad for an instrument that has fascinated me since I was 6 years old.  The seller wanted 99 Euros for it, but I noticed that almost all of the strings needed replacing or were missing altogether, plus three of the fine tuners were AWOL and the "case" was that in description only - barely useful at all.

I made an appointment to look it over - about 20 Kilometers from my digs - and hobbled over via tram and a short hike (uphill).  As luck would have it, the weather decided to play foul with just enough snow to make things uncomfortable.

Looking the SITAR over, I noted the faults also mentioning that getting parts would not be that easy, as there is only one location in Germany that deals with instruments from India and that parts were not exactly cheap (everything imported from India).  Long story shortened, the guy (a music teacher for piano and violin) loaded the Sitar in its "case" (vinyl covered cardboard!), TAPED it closed (ALL hasps were broken) and asked for 20 Euros, then, loaded it on his bicycle and walked with me back to the tram station!  I was more than surprised and impressed (and VERY happy)!

Parts were ordered and arrived yesterday.  Oh yeah, the deal also included a complete set of strings (18).

I don't have any photos yet, but will be forthcoming Very Happy .
ExFender
ExFender
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2019-10-30

Back to top Go down

Lockdown?  Try something different! Empty Re: Lockdown? Try something different!

Post by Westbone Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Fook me, has Ravi Shankar been reborn.... Thumb Up
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Lockdown?  Try something different! Empty Re: Lockdown? Try something different!

Post by ExFender Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:23 pm

Saw/heard him live at Woodstock Cool !
ExFender
ExFender
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2019-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum