complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Go down

complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by TFi2397856 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 pm

I am missing this item on my Westone that looks like this;

https://i.servimg.com/u/f29/20/17/72/09/win_2012.jpg
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2020-03-02

Back to top Go down

complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty Re: complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by corsair on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Finding an OEM stringlock could be difficult but they are out there and in fact a lad in here is making some...
In the meantime, Kahler make a behind the nut stringlock..

Because even the Australians need heroes"
corsair
corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 6209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty Re: complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by TFi2397856 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:51 pm

The guitar tuning is fairly stable with just the nut and no locking nut but if one shows up I will jump on it as well as a tremolo cover and a strat type bridge tremolo.
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by TFi2397856 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:47 pm

I found you can use a standard Nut lock but float it on the strings like a Guitar NutBuster without mini-tuners. Works perfect. Required no mounting. 

But still looking to restore the guitar to original. If you got the original piece give a holler. Top dollar will be paid.
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:54 am

TFi2397856,

I have a string lock in anodized black aluminum and anodized aluminum.

I made several when I had to make a couple for my Dynastys.

They work well but are not original parts.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 am

Tfi,
Check out page 3 and 4 of this thread.

https://westone.forumotion.com/t6664p150-another-dynasty-project

It would be one of the black ones or an anodized aluminum, for a bright aluminum one I would have to do another casting.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar on Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but the original locking nut on my Spectrum wore out (the screw stripped on the bottom E-A saddle). I have a Kahler nut, but the way it sits makes it a pain to adjust the middle two strings. Does anyone know if a Floyd R2 nut would work? Or should I just stick with the Kahler and get by?
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm

If you still have the old one, it is fixable - several in have have done it including me....

Because even the Australians need heroes"
corsair
corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 6209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 pm

corsair wrote:If you still have the old one, it is fixable - several in have have done it including me....

I do still have the old one in my guitar case.
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by ExFender on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:48 pm

I'm in the process of helicoiling the base on the E/A position. I'll try to remember to set up the camera.
ExFender
ExFender
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2019-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm

ExFender wrote:I'm in the process of helicoiling the base on the E/A position.  I'll try to remember to set up the camera.

Thanks in advance!!
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:24 am

DerekWildstar wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but the original locking nut on my Spectrum wore out (the screw stripped on the bottom E-A saddle). I have a Kahler nut, but the way it sits makes it a pain to adjust the middle two strings. Does anyone know if a Floyd R2 nut would work? Or should I just stick with the Kahler and get by?

DerekWildstar,
I have one of the ones I made using Corsairs resin locking nut.  I would be happy to send you one.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down