The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted - switch for westone super bass

4 posters

Go down

Wanted - switch for westone super bass Empty Wanted - switch for westone super bass

Post by RichardBriggs Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi all, hoping someone can help, I have an 80s super headless bass in need of some love. One of the switches as snapped so hoping someone can hook me up with a replacement or point me towards a source?

Of the two smaller switches on the bass, it's the one closest to the neck.

I'm not sure what these smaller switches do so if anyone could educate me that would be great!

Thanks in advance....Wanted - switch for westone super bass 20191010Wanted - switch for westone super bass 20191010
RichardBriggs
RichardBriggs
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-11-09

Back to top Go down

Wanted - switch for westone super bass Empty Re: Wanted - switch for westone super bass

Post by corsair Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Hey there, Richard... by the looks of it, that's a standard flat toggle switch, could even be SPST?! You'd have to have a look at the back of the thing and see how many terminals it has to determine that!

As for what they do, well, out of the factory, when this had the original pickups, these had an active boost circuit and one would have engaged/disengaged that circuit and the other was possibly some sort of tonal variation? I don't know as I've never played one, or even seen one!

Here's what we know...

http://www.westoneguitars.net/basses/super-headless/
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Wanted - switch for westone super bass Empty Re: Wanted - switch for westone super bass

Post by Westbone Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:37 am

Could be a 4PDT switch. Dual sound switch.

As mentioned you need to remove the rear cover and have a look... cyclops

Put a photo up.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5918
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RichardBriggs Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:44 am

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. I dropped this bass straight off at my local repair guy so dont have it to hand for pics. He was trying to source a switch but thought I'd try help out as hes not had any luck thus far. I will ask him to send a picture of it. All I recall is it had quite a lot of terminals so he couldn't use anything off the shelf...
RichardBriggs
RichardBriggs
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:23 am

Oh, righto.... I remember finding one of these for a project; it wasn't cheap, eh!!

Here we go... banzaimusic.com

Wanted - switch for westone super bass Image13
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 am

Well if you need a 4PDT on/on(12 terminals) give me a shout.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by RichardBriggs Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:31 am

Hey Westbone... I'm sure the guy said it was 12 terminals. I have asked him to check. Are you in the uk, and how much do you need for one posted to uk please? Thanks!!
RichardBriggs
RichardBriggs
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I'm in the UK. London/Essex.

When you know let me know.

Here's one on ebay. You won't get black haven't seen a black one in years but your washer and nut will fit and a blob of black paint on the rest. Must be a on-on switch.

link
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilH Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 pm

If you Google search whatever markings are on the switch you should be able to find an equivalent switch. Even if it doesn't have brand markings, it should at least have specs.
I did this for the pot on my Fuzz-wah pedal and found the same part, 40-50 years after the thing was made. That it was a commonly-used part made it easy. I suspect that you'll find the same for your toggle.

Neil
NeilH
NeilH
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2019-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down