The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration

3 posters

Go down

Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration  Empty Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration

Post by Shumer Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:07 pm

This is a long shot but If anybody has the small active board from a Thunder or a Vantage VA900 I need one to finish my Thunder restoration. I would prefer to keep it original if I can, so check your spares drawers and down behind the sofa! Cheers
Shumer
Shumer
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-03-05

Back to top Go down

Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration  Empty Re: Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration

Post by Westbone Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:42 am

Found an active circuit, just the circuit if you still need one.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5918
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration  Empty Re: Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration

Post by Shumer Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:55 am

Brilliant I will send you a pm. Which version is it? Thanks
Shumer
Shumer
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 am

I too am looking for a replacement active circuit for a recently acquired Thunder 1a bass. A spare would gratefully received, in exchange for wedges of cash!!

I picked a rather nice 83 Thunder 1a bass, which is alas missing its original set of 3 brass control knobs, and the active circuit also appears to be todged.  I've tried to diagnose the PCB problems: It's getting full 18v across the chip, the diode and capacitors all seem fine, no obvious shorting the switch is OK, as is the pot, but just nothing when turned on.

Anyhow - a replacement circuit would be nice, otherwise I might fit an Artec QTB clean boost chip (purely to fill the hole) or one of the "retrovibe" Stinger MM Stingray circuits (David at Retrovibe can now do these with a stacked pot, for the active bass and treble - thus retaining the passive volume and tone)

http://www.retrovibe.co.uk/stinger.html

Active circuit PCB for Thunder I-A Restoration  StingerEQ

Regards

Guy

Last edited by thunduak-1 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down