The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Westoners

3 posters

Go down

Hello Westoners Empty Hello Westoners

Post by Kjkato Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:46 am

I thought it would take the time to introduce myself and tell you about some of my collection of guitars. My name is Kato and I live in Anchorage Alaska. I've been in the music business for over 20 years in one form or another. I have been playing guitar since the time I was 16.

Currently in my collection is a 1992 Washburn MG 44 Mercury series, A 1987 pink Fender heavy-metal strat, A 1988 fender Heartfield Talon, 2013 Charvel Desolation Star, a 2012 Jackson warrior, A modified Jackson dinky with custom van Halen paint and D tuna, and two 1989 Charvels, A red 650xl and midnight cobalt 750 XL. I also have a 2011 Kramer pacer classic series, 2006 Kramer pacer, 1993 Red Mercury MG400, and an ESP LTD AX-400.

I've also had several Fender Stratocaster's as well. Recently I've developed a fascination with Westone guitars. I just picked up an absolutely beautiful guitar but have no clue what model it is or anything about it. I know that I like the finish and I like the feel of the guitar itself. It is a fantastic player. However I think it would be nice if I knew what it is.

It has a reverse headstock, a Hombach or in the bridge position and two single coils. It has a five way selector switch and The usual volume and tone controls. It also has another two way switch installed. It has a Floyd Rose. I'm assuming based on the serial number that was made in 88. The serial number is eight digits.

Anyhow I'm glad I found this for him another place to share my addiction to instruments.

Maybe somebody can help identify what it is.

Anyhow, looking forward to learning more about these guitars and more about those of you who collect like myself.
Kjkato
Kjkato
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Back to top Go down

Hello Westoners Empty Re: Hello Westoners

Post by Meadows Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 am

Hi there and welcome  Smile   without photos it could be several models.

Out of interest it's not this one by any chance?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTONE-LOCKING-TREM-REVERSE-HEADSTOCK-THREE-PICK-UP-ELECTRIC-/131425363730?nma=true&si=UxLQrmtShzIR2xMjXqn2wx76sj8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Welcome to the forums.  Photos will help ID but there is a waiting time to post photos.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kjkato Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Yep. I will post asap :-)
Kjkato
Kjkato
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kjkato Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:34 pm

It looks exactly like the one on eBay however I got it along time ago from somewhere else
Kjkato
Kjkato
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Check this out, any joy?

http://www.westoneguitars.net/guitars/spectrum-series/spectrum-ia-we2400/

but in the electric blue...........
Meadows