The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces

4 posters

Go down

Bendmaster - Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces  Empty Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces

Post by LiveAndLearn Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 pm

I bought an XA 1420 in Detroit a few years ago and although it is completely beat up- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Only problem is that the guitar is missing the locking nut pieces as well as one of the six fine tuning screws, if anyone is selling theirs or knows where I could obtain some in the USA- I would be grateful!!!

As a side note, I'm not a huge vibrato fan so I'm considering just blocking the trem up, removing the the locking piece at the nut and getting a string tee for the b and e strings (I know it would be awful to butcher the guitar like that but its already pretty beat up!)
LiveAndLearn
LiveAndLearn
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Bendmaster - Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces  Empty Re: Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces

Post by LiveAndLearn Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Also, I'm having some trouble with intonation. The neck isn't warped the neck relief/truss appears all good- which leaves the bridge. How do you set up a Bendmaster Deluxe for optimal intonation?
LiveAndLearn
LiveAndLearn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Bendmaster - Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces  Empty Re: Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces

Post by gittarasaurus Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02 pm

i have several XA1420 guitars, outstanding players!
active pickups in all of them
what color finish does yours have? 
i have two in the sky blue color and this one with a red flame top 

Bendmaster - Looking for Bendmaster Deluxe Pieces  Ry%3D400
i'm guessing you have a chrome bendmaster deluxe on your guitar?
i have lots of parts, i'll dig around to see if i can find an extra fine tuner
send me a PM if you wish

board member, Sgt Vimes, has some of the pieces you need for the locking nut
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1507
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 am

Yep; the good Sgt. has the lock down washers but be advised that you will need 1mm shims underneath the strings on the locking base. I suspect most in here who need 'em, cut their own from old steel strapping or similar; I certainly do! 
I would also be careful nipping up the locking bolts; there are many have stripped the thread in the hole by over enthusiastic tightening. Having stripped threads isn't terminal, though; quite a few of us in here have repaired the damage successfully.

I set my BD bridges up horizontal, or just a hair leaning back, to the body, at a height that gives the best string height across the fretboard and find that works fine. There are two threaded holes that the string saddles can be set in and if you need more forward or rear movement, then I'd be checking if the saddles need moving; intonating isn't rocket science on these but there is a bit of faffing about!
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveAndLearn Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:26 am

Hi! Thank you for the advice! I bought my Westone in a pretty beat up condition so I just opted to set it up without a new Bendmaster Deluxe (especially at looking at some of the amazing Westones on this site!). 

To fix it, I took out the locking nut peice (very hard because all of the screws were stripped/rusted out  Shocked ); I blocked up the tremolo; strung the top 3 strings around the posts in reverse; and of course did all the necessary intonation and action adjustments. Its working amazingly!!!!!! 

I will put up pictures as soon as I can!
LiveAndLearn
LiveAndLearn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveAndLearn Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:28 am

Oh also it was a sky blue one and I think someone tried repainting it sky blue again! Smile
LiveAndLearn
LiveAndLearn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 am

As far as replacements for the 4mm fine tuning screws go you can reference specs here...

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t4230-bendmaster-ft-fine-tuner-dimensions?highlight=4mm+fine+tuning+screw
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down