The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless?

2 posters

Go down

What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless? Empty What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless?

Post by Annoying Twit Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:49 am

What would be the fair value of a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless? About 83/85, and in very good condition?
Annoying Twit

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless? Empty Re: What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless?

Post by Thunder-Chunder Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Answer should be here in a few days Smile 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTONE-Thunder-I-A-4-String-Japanese-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Active-Pick-ups-MIJ-/261337578337?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cd8eefb61
Thunder-Chunder
Thunder-Chunder
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless? Empty Re: What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless?

Post by Annoying Twit Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Thunder-Chunder wrote:Answer should be here in a few days Smile 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTONE-Thunder-I-A-4-String-Japanese-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Active-Pick-ups-MIJ-/261337578337?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cd8eefb61
I asked the question because I was talking to the owner of one. It might actually be the same one.

Looking at fretted Thunder sale prices on ebay, they seem to be all over the place. Maybe there are subtle details about individual basses that justify a 2-3x price differential, but I'm not spotting them in all examples. As this is a low starting bid auction with very cheap postage (not collection only), then this should provide some indication of whether Westone fretlesses can be picked up for the very reasonable prices that the fretted versions can occasionally be, or whether I should return to plan A of just picking up something ultra-cheap (e.g. this) to have a bash on.

I don't want to bid for the red defretted Thunder that failed to sell (reserve not reached) on ebay recently. I look at the defretted neck, and my gut reaction is do not want.However, given that it reached the dizzying heights of £36 or whatever it reached, it seems that other people feel the same.
Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Chunder Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:24 pm

I agree prices do seem to fluctuate a fair bit but I think a lot if it just comes down to the buyer at the time rather than the guitar itself.
When 1A's get purchased one month and then sell again for over double the following month it doesn't make much sense to me, What would be a fair price for a Westone Thunder 1A Factory Fretless? 264707237

Don't know anything about Harley Benton guitars I'm afraid, but personally if it's Thunder that you're really after and in no rush I'd wait for the right guitar to come alone.
Thunder-Chunder
Thunder-Chunder
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:38 am

Thunder-Chunder wrote:
Don't know anything about Harley Benton guitars I'm afraid, but personally if it's Thunder that you're really after and in no rush I'd wait for the right guitar to come alone.
It is possible to do both. I could buy an el-cheapo fretless, and see how I get on with it. If I do get on with it (and trials in shops seem to suggest this will be the case), then I can then keep my eye out for a Thunder or a MIJ Bass Collection or whatever, and then buy one when I see it at the right price, selling the el-cheapo.
Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 pm

As so often happens in these auctions, I ended up in second place.

Oh well, my Thunder 2A six string was purchased after a long period of bidding, always coming second, and eventually winning. Maybe it'll be the same with this.

There's the other one on t'bay at the moment, £130 starting bid + £20p&p. Just a bit more than I want to spend right now, but probably cheap enough to sell. I'll watch that one to see what happens.
Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down