The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :)

4 posters

Go down

westone - Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :) Empty Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :)

Post by Society Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:04 am

A nice looking 150 just waiting for someone to invite it to their home. Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-Guitar-Prestige-150-Vintage-w-OHSC-1986-/221297141323?pt=Guitar&hash=item338656664b
Society
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

westone - Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :) Empty Re: Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :)

Post by The Chad Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 am

This dude is smoking crack.  I think it's the one that sold for $299 about 6 months ago.  I can understand flipping a guitar, but asking this much is ridiculous.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

westone - Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :) Empty Re: Westone 150 in the US waiting for someone! :)

Post by Society Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm

The Chad wrote:This dude is smoking crack.  I think it's the one that sold for $299 about 6 months ago.  I can understand flipping a guitar, but asking this much is ridiculous.
I see, was this guitar sold for only $299? That was a bargain! I would gladly have paid that amount for this guitar. Anyone who wants to sell their 150 (or I can even think of getting a 250 if someone is willing to apart from their preciouzz) for this amount to me? tongue Very Happy Cool 

lol! 

As I have said before. Here in Sweden you never see any Prestige or Paduaks for sale. Have never ever seen any Prestige for sale or even heard of anybody who as bought one here in the country. Have seen two Paduaks in the past years.

Well, it is a lot of money but everything is a question of how much anyone wants it (or how much anyone wants to sell if you turn it around)? If I had one for sale I would probably want a lot for it to consider selling. If someone would be willing to pay the price is another question though. Smile

As an example is the Westone Paduak that I bought earlier. I think the most people would call me crazy paying 550 euros for it (even if it was like "new")! Smile 
So maybe there is someone like me wanting that Prestige so badly that they accept the price.

If I had a lot of money I could have considered buying just to get it but now the case is not so. I have to save a lot before buying so I just have to be patient and then choose with care. Really wants to try out a Pantera some time as well but we will see what happens in the future.
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:40 pm

The seller is making a new try now when lowered the price with 26 usd.

Westone Prestige 150
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:56 am

So, he's lying about having owned the guitar from new..?? That's disgraceful!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:14 am

bobroberts wrote:So, he's lying about having owned the guitar from new..?? That's disgraceful!
First I did not understand what you ment but when have read the sellers auction more closely I think I understand. You mean that he says that he bought it in 1988 but that it actual is a 1986 year model when looking at the serial number? Is this what you mean?

Is it possible the guitar has been in the store and not been sold until 1988? 

Now the item is ended but it was not sold this time either. See if it comes out again!
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:30 am

Society wrote:
bobroberts wrote:So, he's lying about having owned the guitar from new..?? That's disgraceful!
First I did not understand what you ment but when have read the sellers auction more closely I think I understand. You mean that he says that he bought it in 1988 but that it actual is a 1986 year model when looking at the serial number? Is this what you mean?

Is it possible the guitar has been in the store and not been sold until 1988? 

Now the item is ended but it was not sold this time either. See if it comes out again!
I think Bob was referring to The Chad's comment that he thought the same guitar was sold only 6 months ago...

Probably not too unusual for a guitar to be sold 'new', but quite a while after it was actually made - my Pantera was made in October 1986, but wasn't sold (ordered by the shop direct from the distributors at my request) until December 1987 Smile
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Yes, punkyjam67, I was indeed referring to The Chad's comment about it possibly being the same guitar that was sold only 6 months ago. Should have made myself clearer, or 'quoted' for clarity..!

Fair point also, society, about guitars possibly being stuck in the shop for long periods, before being sold..
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:12 pm

punkyjam67 & bobroberts:
Ah, I see, now I understand! Smile
Well, that is not honest at all! Probably the sad truth is that some people do what they can to make an extra profit, even if it involves to lie or to withhold the truth. Evil or Very Mad
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down