The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay

4 posters

Go down

Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay Empty Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay

Post by electricdruid Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:14 pm

My vote's T1A with a pickup change, I'm no expert though. Priced at £413.70 (ouch) LINK
electricdruid
electricdruid
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay Empty Re: Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm

T1 according to the trc
plus the TII didnt have that bridge
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay Empty Re: Pricey Thunder 2 (looks more like a 1A) eBay

Post by electricdruid Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm

True (re T1 ref), but then it's got the 3 micro switches by vol/tone so wasn't sure...  No batt cover on the back though, so plot thickens... Razz
electricdruid
electricdruid
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 am

Looking at that, I'd say it's a Thunder I (version 2) with different pickups & two added toggle switches. The absence of a battery compartment seems to rule out it ever being a I-A (I'd be surprised if it's really active, unless they've managed to shoe-horn the batteries into the control compartment) & the extra two switches definitely don't seem to be original Westone.

It's quite nice (& I could find a home for the case Wink), but nowhere near £400-nice...
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by electricdruid Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 am

Yep, agreed, T1 wins Cool 
Although reckon V3 as through body stringing. 
I'll get my coat... Razz
electricdruid
electricdruid
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:15 pm

punkyjam67 wrote: ...I'd be surprised if it's really active, unless they've managed to shoe-horn the batteries into the control compartment...
I've seen batteries jammed into many modern guitars with much less space in the cavity, but I have no idea where they would have shoved the circuit board. Could be attached to the inside of the cover plate with sticky tape I suppose, but my guess is that toggles are split coil / phase reversal / kill switch (the large handled one).

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8702
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down