The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ What the H@LL was I thinking? Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE! (personal rant to follow)

+2
hobster
drsyn67
6 posters

Go down

~ What the H@LL was I thinking?  Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE!  (personal rant to follow) Empty ~ What the H@LL was I thinking? Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE! (personal rant to follow)

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 pm

So I awakened this morning at 4AM and dropped by GuitarCenter.com to browse for Westies. I noted (and posted here) about an odd Dynasty bass, and didn't mention that they had recently posted a Dynasty XV3GR for $65! What the Pacing & Thinking was I THINKING???? I'm having some tough months financially, but had an unused GC giftcard that would have practically covered this! I think in my slumber I thought "I've already got that one" or "its probably ruined"... or something stoopid. Geez.
drsyn67
drsyn67

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

~ What the H@LL was I thinking?  Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE!  (personal rant to follow) Empty Re: ~ What the H@LL was I thinking? Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE! (personal rant to follow)

Post by hobster Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Bummer! I've done the same thing before and regretted for a long time for not acting quickly. Gotta move quick on that stuff, maybe it was the sleepy haze, 4a.m? There shall be others, fret not!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

~ What the H@LL was I thinking?  Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE!  (personal rant to follow) Empty Re: ~ What the H@LL was I thinking? Dynasty on GC for $65 - GONE! (personal rant to follow)

Post by Barry Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Sad but oft told tale eh?
Been a victim of lazy ass meself. 'Been kicking that lazy arse ever since.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8688
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I have seen that guitar twice on GC. I emailed them on Wednesday for pics. No reply. Wonder if it existed???? Don't kill yourself over it Drsyn67, it wasn't meant to be. There will be others.

TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks, fellas. In a tough economy, there's sure to be other good deals. I was probably in my right (albeit, half-awake) mind when I thought "I've already got one". But the influence of the collectors here on the forum certainly inspires the desire to want more... even if it is a model one already has.
drsyn67
drsyn67

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Aria Pro II ST1512, Westport, NZ, 1987, 2nd hand shop, NZ$400. Went away and thought about for an hour, went back to buy it: gone.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:31 pm

OUCH, Corsair... that is just painful! Sometimes its best not to think, but to act. Sounds like something Patton would say.
drsyn67
drsyn67

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 pm

The listing was WRONG, no need to feel bad.

That guitar is NOT what it is pictured to be. It was and "Eleca" strat copy with the wrong picture. I called them, they said it's not a "V" but a cheap strat copy with the wrong photo. So don't feel bad.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by drsyn67 Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:31 pm

~ If it seems to good to be true...
drsyn67
drsyn67

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 pm

That's why that looked so familiar. I had the same issue with a great great deal on musicgoround. That one was a buy it now on the internet site, I asked for pictures and it was not the same guitar. I emailed them and they said they would change it. They didn't. I wonder if they have to get some many done in a day and decide to cut and paste???? I always ask for pics if it seems to good to be true. At least the GC one, you could not buy it over the internet. You had to call.
TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down