The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth?

5 posters

Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth?

Post by hunkyspunk Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:47 pm

I have a Westone Thuder Jet lead guitar, and was thinking of selling it. It's 7 digit serial mumber starts 407, so it seems it was made in 1984 according to the info site. Could someone suggest a startting price if I put it on eBay, or maybe someone here is interested. I paid £140 for it in around 1990 when it looked like new. I has had very little play in the last 15 years and only moderate play in the first five years. There are a few minor knocks and scratches and the electrics are fine. I hasn't been modified by me in any way.
Thanks for your time
Mike
hunkyspunk
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty Re: What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth?

Post by corsair Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi there, Mike - I'm a bit leery of suggesting a start-off price for your guitar; after all it's only worth what someone's willing to pay, eh!! Laughing Take a look at the expired listings on eBay and make an educated guess from that would be my advice...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty Re: What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello Mike and Welcome! Smile

Regarding your request, I think that you will find all the answers that you need to your questions
here, (about the seventh post down, written by me) including how to search for completed listings on eBay which will give you a good indication as to how much Westone guitars are going for and how much to start the bidding at.

Like everything on eBay, it is the luck of the draw as to how much an item will fetch and how much someone is willing to pay. If someone here is interested in purchasing your guitar, they will be sure to contact you via the private messaging service on this site.

I hope this helps and Good Luck!
cheers

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:03 pm

I've been doing a lot of eBay watching lately, and I have to say that, while I've never specifically seen a Thunder Jet, items with lower starting bids seem more likely have more and higher bids, while items with a high starting bid tend to have fewer bids (or even none) and actually go for less than similar items that started cheaper. This is of course not guaranteed, but it seems to happen a lot.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 pm

hi,
there are 2 on the bay right now: link
or other link
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty Re: What is my thunder Jet lead Guitar worth?

Post by hunkyspunk Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments

Current eBay Thander Jets are bass guitars. I'm not sure but I think maybe they're a little more sought after than the 6 strings. The only lead guitar I've seen on eBay was for £125 Buy-it-Now which didn't sell. I'm watching the Bass on the UK site which started at 50 quid and has a bidder. This will give me some idea and I'm currently thinking of starting around £40 to get some interest.

Thanks again
Mike
hunkyspunk
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth?

Post by hunkyspunk Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:07 am

Hi
It's worth £85.67 to someone on eBay!
Thanks and goodbye!
hunkyspunk
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

guitar - What is my Westone Thunder Jet lead guitar worth? Empty thunder jet

Post by sticky Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

hi everyone,

its been a long time since i last posted here, just to let you know, i bought the thunder jet Smile and am looking forward to playing it in july when i am back in the UK, ive been looking for another westone to add to my guitar family and this is it!! ive heard some good reveiws on these guitars and im hoping its going to be as good, if not better than my thunder 1,

bye,
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://uk.youtube.com/user/marksticky1

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:13 pm

Good on ya - keep us posted, brother!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down