The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spectrum FX project

3 posters

Go down

Spectrum FX project Empty Spectrum FX project

Post by The Chad Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 am

If anyone sees a cheap FX withe the carved out heel, I'd like one for a project. Maybe one half gutted or whatever. Just needs to have decent frets. I want to make it a string through body. Wouldn't that be the bee's knees?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Spectrum FX project Empty Re: Spectrum FX project

Post by hobster Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey Chad, i found one recently on craigslist locally and it may be what you're looking for. It is a bit banged up, but the frets are in perfect shape, it looks like it was abused but hardly played. I paid $180 bucks for it, i'm not sure if thats too much for you but pm me if not. I was going to fix it up, but i'd be happy if it went to the right place. Can you pm pics? If not i can post some here if you are interested.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by siptheriver Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 am

I'm also interested in a Spectrum FX for project.

Will soon post pics of my last one (fave guitar I have) -- set it up with extra knobs, switches, etc. so that when I get the two HB vols set just right out of phase (which I put on a concentric pot) to get that "Peter Green honk" (crucial positioning of each knob, very difficult to maintain on a volume change), I can master that combo up and down with a master knob, turn the SC pickup on in either phase, with its own volume, with a master volume after that entire setup.

I can get pretty much any blues guitar sound I want with this (and quickly crank the sound up and down at jams, where volume levels are tricky and inconstant, while maintaining relative knob positions/tone), which was my aim, but I'd like to take "another bite at the apple" to get the wiring cleaner, etc. (I don't want to mess with my first attempt in fear of f'ing it up, lol).

I'm sure this axe would pixx purists off because of all the modding (put on knobs with big white "o'clock" markers so I can easily see knob positions on dimly-lit stages, and put in "side-of-neck" dimpled-like-dice fret markers I can feel with my thumb in low light, with a big red-centered, "beaked" "final master" knob to boot) but for functionality/versatility, nothing beats it. Wish they made one like this stock...

Once you've played with that sculpted heel, it's awkward to play anything else...

If you haven't sold that body already, I'd be very interested to talk to you about it... I realize this listing's very old, but thought I'd give it a shot...
siptheriver
siptheriver

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 am

still got it, i'll pm you when i get back from fishing.Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry but this one is going to TVill25. He contacted me a while ago and didn't have the bank but now he does and i promised it to him.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 am

Hobster, I just now saw these posts from you. Mad The forum usually tells me when new messages arrive, but it didn't do that for these! Thanks anyway, I do appreciate the offer. My FX will arrive one day! Like Mike got... !
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am

Man i'm sorry Chad, i was contacted by TVill soon after posting and i told him to give it time till i heard from you. Maybe i should have sent a pm - like you said yours will come. Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down