The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions

3 posters

Go down

effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions Empty effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions

Post by colt933 Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 pm

All:

My Boogie dual rec and Marshall DSL 100 both have effects loops. Playing through two different tube heads in stereo at the same time is an awesome, intoxicating experience. And surely it would be more awesome and intoxicating if the delay and modulation effects were stereo too! Before I got the Marshall, my signal chain was as follows:

guitar
wah
compressor
tuner
boogie input

boogie effects send
delay
chorus
flanger
phaser
graphic eq
boogie effects return

This worked great and sounded great.

But now I have another head and I want to run stereo with my effects loops. I put an a/b/y switch after the tuner to send the signal to the input of both amps. Right now I'm just using the boogie's loop, so the Marshall is entirely dry.

My Boss delay has stereo ins and outs. So I can put it in the loops of both amps. My chorus and flanger are both stereo out, but only mono in. So I can't really have stereo delay, chorus, and flanger all at the same time. I can live with the phaser in one loop and not the other. But I would really like for the delay and modulation effects to be independent stereo operation for both amp effects loops. Here are a couple of options:

1. Replace the chorus and flanger pedals with something like the TC Electronic pedals that have stereo ins and outs. This would do the trick - both amp effects sends to the stereo in of the delay, and stereo in and out of the chorus and flanger.
2. Replace the delay, chorus, and flanger pedals with one or rackmount units that will do the stereo in/out for delay and modulation - possibly a multi-effect or possibly a couple of delays.
3. Something else that I haven't thought of.

Thoughts, opinons?

colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions Empty Re: effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions

Post by corsair Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Bloody hell, man; just thinking about that makes me woozy!! My amps are so old they don't have loops, so I've never had to worry about it!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions Empty Re: effects loops, multiple amps, thoughts and opinions

Post by Barry Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Way beyond my feeble abilities. But having fairly recently witnessed a professional performer from Ernie Ball/Music Man "playing with himself" Twisted Evil at the shop, I have to say it is a mind blowing thing to experience.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down