The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The elusive behind the nut lock!

3 posters

Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by The Chad Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:10 am

No, not the super painful wrestling move... affraid That would hurt.

I need a behind the nut lock for my X250. I removed those ridiculous string trees, I want to return her to stock up top. If you have one, I'll buy. Black please.

For the holes left behind by the string tree screws, I figure I'll fill with wood filler and paint on top? Ideas welcome!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2761
Location : Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by Westbone Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

Khaler type is what you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kahler-BLACK-NICKEL-String-Lock-w-screws-and-wrench-FREE-USA-SHIP-/330733340520?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d013e4768
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5894
Location : Redbridge
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by The Chad Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:29 am

Westbone wrote:Khaler type is what you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kahler-BLACK-NICKEL-String-Lock-w-screws-and-wrench-FREE-USA-SHIP-/330733340520?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d013e4768

Thanks man. I like the look of this one better than the Westone locks that use the triangular washers. I'll find one here in the states.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2761
Location : Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by Westbone Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 am

They do fit fine. Same as an X390.

Just don't take the 3 clamp bolts fully out when stringing up. Slide your string through the gap.
Otherwise you'll be taking the whole thing off to get the little threaded clamps back on.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5894
Location : Redbridge
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by gittarasaurus Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 am

The Chad wrote:
For the holes left behind by the string tree screws, I figure I'll fill with wood filler and paint on top? Ideas welcome!

stew mac has black super glue you can use to fill in the holes. i used the white to repair a broken nut on a bass and it worked perfectly well and was just as hard as the original plastic nut.

1 oz bottle
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1460
Location : San Francisco, CA
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by The Chad Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am

gittarasaurus wrote:
The Chad wrote:
For the holes left behind by the string tree screws, I figure I'll fill with wood filler and paint on top? Ideas welcome!

stew mac has black super glue you can use to fill in the holes. i used the white to repair a broken nut on a bass and it worked perfectly well and was just as hard as the original plastic nut.

1 oz bottle

Ah yes, I have a bottle of that actually! Wonder if it will be too shiny...
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2761
Location : Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

The elusive behind the nut lock! Empty Re: The elusive behind the nut lock!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum