The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay

3 posters

Go down

Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay Empty Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay

Post by nasticanasta Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:51 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170819588974?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay Empty Re: Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Normally I would be interested in this one, but I like my AER300 with the set neck. Now if this was thw WER200 with the hard tail bridge, I would be all over it.

From your previous posts, I never woulda thought you would sell this one eh.

There is a new forum member with a 300 that I think mentioned he is looking for another as a backup GtrGeorge I think>?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay Empty Re: Trevor Rabin Signature Series III on eBay

Post by nasticanasta Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

sarcaster wrote:Normally I would be interested in this one, but I like my AER300 with the set neck. Now if this was thw WER200 with the hard tail bridge, I would be all over it.

From your previous posts, I never woulda thought you would sell this one eh.

There is a new forum member with a 300 that I think mentioned he is looking for another as a backup GtrGeorge I think>?
I really hate to sell it...but I pay my ESP's and Gibsons more, and I need cash... I may end this auction early...I'm selling off some racks I don't use anymore since I switched back to using tube amps and using a Marshall 1987x surprisingly more quiet than my solid state amps that need a Hush unit!
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 am

Isn't this thing a Pantera like a x300 or something? What's the difference other than name?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 pm

The Chad wrote:Isn't this thing a Pantera like a x300 or something? What's the difference other than name?

Once they stopped making Pantera's they make the Rabin signatures (or Pantera II as TP has mentioned). The WER300 here is basically the replacement for the Pantera X300. The changes that I know is this has a more contoured heel, slight body changed to improve the balance, different pickups, a better bridge (IMO).

The WER100 is basically the X390 replacement and the WER200 is the same as the 100 but with a hardtail bridge.

I have the Alvarez version of this, but my AER300 has a set neck, contoured back, slash inlays, and a DR5 switch even thow the all of the 300's are "supposed" to be bolt ons with dot inlays.

Comparing Rabin to my x390 you notice the difference right away. The Rabin is a bit heavier, the neck is a bit thinner, the DR5 switch gives a different sound. The pickups sound hotter (although my X390 doesn;t have the original PUPS). I like the feel of the X390 better but they both sound very good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:34 pm

sarcaster wrote:
The Chad wrote:Isn't this thing a Pantera like a x300 or something? What's the difference other than name?

Once they stopped making Pantera's they make the Rabin signatures (or Pantera II as TP has mentioned). The WER300 here is basically the replacement for the Pantera X300. The changes that I know is this has a more contoured heel, slight body changed to improve the balance, different pickups, a better bridge (IMO).

The WER100 is basically the X390 replacement and the WER200 is the same as the 100 but with a hardtail bridge.

I have the Alvarez version of this, but my AER300 has a set neck, contoured back, slash inlays, and a DR5 switch even thow the all of the 300's are "supposed" to be bolt ons with dot inlays.

Comparing Rabin to my x390 you notice the difference right away. The Rabin is a bit heavier, the neck is a bit thinner, the DR5 switch gives a different sound. The pickups sound hotter (although my X390 doesn;t have the original PUPS). I like the feel of the X390 better but they both sound very good.
the TRS-101 FR is used on B.C. Rich's too....it works well, I forget who makes them for the life of me I can't find the post where Corsair posted it.. lol it's even one of my threads I started...anyways I'd rather have a Kahler pro on it but it's not worth routing for one, these trems are as good as any real FR. Anything beats the bendmaster. lol!
I may be pulling the ad for this TRS....people keep asking me about the neck...I want to put up better pictures, and once someone has bid eBay won't let you change photos...I'm not getting any serious bids, I would put this up against my original USA neck thru BC Richs costing over $2k...not that it's worth $2k but ...well you know.
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm

I shut the auction down.. I was being barraged with messages about the neck...people thinking it is broke or repaired and asking ridiculous questions thinking the neck would break or bend and not hold a tune!?! Am I the only one here who actually took the time to learn how a guitar works? I must have gotten at least 25 messages concerning this...I will just make a video showing the neck and the trem being worked over like no one would ever treat a trem just to show there are no issues and repost the guitar on eBay unless this guy I know buys it...he made a nice offer...a couple people from here were looking at this on eBay, I sent them messages saying I was going to make a video and re-list this....this has been a nightmare of a sale...I guess I assumed everyone who played knew how guitars work lol.
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm

nasticanasta,
I am interested in the guitar..and I have been playing professionally for a long time. I think the video is a great idea. The problem with ebay is that ,lots of times, the descriptions make it hard to know about an item...so many ways to understand/ or misunderstand something...as you have seen.
Keep me in the loop, I would certainly gig with a Trevor Signature guitar.

GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down