The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum Series II UK

5 posters

Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK Empty Westone Spectrum Series II UK

Post by Franco Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 am

So, i've not had this long but i've become frustrated that i cannot get the tremolo part that does'nt work too great.
A friend is selling a Jackson PS2 cheap so i'm gonna let this go to help fund it.

The guitar plays great, the worst ding is next to the bottom strap button, some discoloration to the neck as well. The scarf joint on the back of the headstock has a slight ridge on it, it does not affect playability and it is only on the surface, not an actual break.
The electronics all work but the neck pickup switch will need replacing, it has snapped off and is difficult to turn on/off.
I bought a tremolo arm for it but the thread on the B fine tuner is not great, it only works at its loosest point.

Looking for £50 plus postage in the UK.

Im quite new on this forum so if anyone is interested but nervous about buying it, i can list it on ebay were i have nearly 500 positive feedback.
Thanks.

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK IMG_0780
spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK IMG_0778
spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK IMG_0783
spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK IMG_0785
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK Empty Re: Westone Spectrum Series II UK

Post by corsair Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:39 am

Hmmmm.... I wonder if the non standard string lock has anything to do with your troubles? The Bendmaster Deluxe bridge is fiddly to set up right but is normally very stable once it's been played in and the strings fully stretched.

What seems to be the problem?
corsair

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK Empty Re: Westone Spectrum Series II UK

Post by Franco Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:03 pm

The threads have almost completely gone on the b string fine tuner screw. You can literally push it in without turning it.
I got the guitar mainly for the tremolo but replacement parts seem impossible to get.
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:22 pm

They are!! They were last made in the mid 80s and as you have found, parts are very hard to find indeed. Is it only the fine tuner that is the problem?
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeah basically. Its a great player, good sound. The Bendmaster Deluxe seems okay, but i think my old territory of a Jackson patent FR will suit me better.

I'd rather someone here bought it and appreciate what it is than it go on ebay to some kid that did'nt read the description and start complaining about stuff. Thats why i've priced it low, with the new tremolo arm included im taking a bit of a loss on this. Hey Ho! Smile
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Thats prety cool, i've never seen a Westie with the Jackson style shark inlays before (then again i'm not real farmiliar with MIK Westones). Nice guitar for a nice price, someone go get it.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

Sold to Micro Very Happy
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Nice!! If it's anything like my Spectrum II, or my Clippers, then it'll play really nicely.... Possibly do with slightly more upmarket pups?!

Big ups all round Laughing

Hob... You've never seen these two....

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK DSCN6635

... I've had these for about 5 years now! They're all over the site early on...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 pm

I have seen those actually John, musta been a brain fart. Sleep I've always loved those inlays, they look so cool!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

They are amazing! Never knew Westone had dabbled with the Tele shape Shocked

I like the bridge pup on the Series II, similar to Jackson, quite bright/aggressive. Good for Thrash Metal anyway Twisted Evil
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Franco wrote:They are amazing! Never knew Westone had dabbled with the Tele shape Shocked

I like the bridge pup on the Series II, similar to Jackson, quite bright/aggressive. Good for Thrash Metal anyway Twisted Evil
I think those are the Ferrite pickups they call "Stylists" when they appeared on the Challenger and Spectrum I and IA in 1989. My favorite pickup, bar none. Excellent hair metal sound, too.

But I didn't put in an offer for yours cuz I'm in the States and shipping is way too much.
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum Series II UK Empty Thanks for the Spectrum

Post by Micro Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 am

Hi Franco

Just to say the guitar arrived yesterday.
Safe to say I am a happy bunny. The loose adjuster screw is easily fixed. It was the thread on the screw not the bridge. So an hour on the lathe will sort that out. A new switch & jobs a goodun.
Thanks
Oh yes - Have a great New Year Razz
Micro
Micro
Micro
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Thats great news! Pleased its good for you Micro Very Happy
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down