The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a unique axe for mortarman to check into...

3 posters

Go down

a unique axe for mortarman to check into... Empty a unique axe for mortarman to check into...

Post by Iceman Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Arthur this one is right in your wheelhouse. Get us a report ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Westone-Concorde-SX-/270826568957?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f0e857cfd

I'm curious how far of a drive this will be for you. What a Face
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

a unique axe for mortarman to check into... Empty Re: a unique axe for mortarman to check into...

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:25 am

Well I am on it. I live here in Tifton where it is for sale. I sent the seller a msg and I am waiting for a response. I am not up to speed on these SX models so any help is appreciated. What do these models go for and what are the specs etc. I will look on the westone web page but any other info is appreciated. thanks
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

a unique axe for mortarman to check into... Empty Re: a unique axe for mortarman to check into...

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:10 am

The seller lives in Valdosta about 45 min or so away. I sent a msg and got this reply:

It is currently in the music shop getting serviced and new strings, knobs, and EMG pickups installed. I currently live in Valdosta so not far away.
What a shame another fine Axe gets butchered. i asked why and if he had all original electronics and I am awaiting a reply. What a way to kill the value I think. If it ain't broke then don't fix it and if you want modern electronics buy a new guitar.Will update when I know more. affraid affraid

mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:07 pm

mortarman120gang11c wrote:The seller lives in Valdosta about 45 min or so away. I sent a msg and got this reply:

It is currently in the music shop getting serviced and new strings, knobs, and EMG pickups installed. I currently live in Valdosta so not far away.
What a shame another fine Axe gets butchered. i asked why and if he had all original electronics and I am awaiting a reply. What a way to kill the value I think. If it ain't broke then don't fix it and if you want modern electronics buy a new guitar.Will update when I know more. affraid affraid

Well, that is quite lame of him! Mad I guess he thinks it will sell better, maybe you could convince him to give those "lame" original MMK's to you. The knobs are rare as well as we all know. I own an 84 Concord SX all blue just like the one he is mutilating, they were made for 1 year but are basically the Spectrum SX. Westone info page says they are the same but the fret markers are larger on the Concord but mine have normal size markers. Its a heavy all maple guitar, heavier than my other Spectrums.
As for the one listed above nut locking system is missing and i'm not sure what tremolo system is on there but it does not look like the FT it came with. Hard to tell from that one picture. I paid about $175 for mine, all original. Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Ohhh..... that's just not right! The reason I posted this was somewhat selfish in any case.

I was hopeful it would not be an excessive distance for you to check it out, Arthur. In the event you were not going to be interested I was probably going to be.

My enthusiasm wanes however when I hear he is updating things. I suppose if it truly needs work.... then it does. But I've got a spare set of '45's in my pocket that could set things right as well.

Thanks Arthur! Please keep us posted.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down