The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re: Prestige 250

5 posters

Go down

prestige - re: Prestige 250 Empty re: Prestige 250

Post by JoeDylan Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 am

So I live in Niagara Falls, Canada, and I bought a Prestige 250 10 years ago for $15.00 at a local music store. The only problem is, the pickups are not original, and the neck was cracked (almost in two). Well, $100 fixed the neck, and I put a decent set of pickups in it, and it is my favourite guitar, bar none (and I have several.. a Les Paul Custom, a Fender Clapton Strat - Lace Sensor Model, American Tele, Ibanez Full Hollowbody).

But having just stumbled upon this forum, I want to get it back up to original specs. Is there any place to get a hold of original pickups? In addition, I'm pretty sure the 3-way switch and End-Jack are replacements as well (not sure if that was me or not!)

Finally, I would LOVE to get a real Westone Prestige Case. If anybody can supply ANY of this, please let me know. I would love to get this guitar back to a more original form, and am willing to pay for it.

Joseph

PS if anyone in Canada is looking to unload their Westone, please let me know!!
JoeDylan
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

prestige - re: Prestige 250 Empty Re: re: Prestige 250

Post by Sfalj Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:01 pm

A fellow Canadian! I'm near Montreal.

I know for a fact that the pickups will be very hard to find, keep your eyes pealed on the internet, ebay, craigslist, etc. You might have to buy a broken westone or something and gut it.

As for the switch and jack some people might have some spares but you might as well just get some new quality components.

Good luck on yours search.
Sfalj
Sfalj

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm

The original pickups are nothing special IMHO.

If you are wishing to restore the guitar to its original condition to increase the value for potential re-sale, then the repaired neck will kill you on original value.

If you like it the way it sounds now then leave it alone and enjoy it the way it is.

If you're looking for something more from the current tone then consider some premium replacement pickups like DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, or maybe some handmade boutique models.

As for the switch and jack: With the repaired neck, what's the point?

You say it's your favorite guitar. Why change it?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDylan Thu May 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Mostly I'm curious, I guess. I'm not interested in selling it - as you pointed out, the neck would make that a pointless endevour. I've just never heard the original pickups. I have no intention of getting rid of the replacements I put in their (very nice SD ones), but would like to try out different sounds as well.
JoeDylan
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sfalj Thu May 01, 2008 2:04 pm

Why don't you post some pictures of your guitar? I'm sure we'd all like to see it, I know I do.

Most Westone guitars get my GAS going bounce .
Sfalj
Sfalj

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

prestige - re: Prestige 250 Empty prestige 250

Post by caucajun Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 pm

good day, eh?

i just picked up one with all original gear. i like the pickups. they sound just like covered gibson PAF's. if i were in your shoes, i think i might just get some aftermarket covered p'ups.

good luck, C
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:13 pm

G'day, Joe, and welcome here to the Westone madhouse!! Smile Yep, we'd all like to see your guitar so you feel free to indulge our little fetish with pictures, won't you! Laughing

I agree with Colt - you like it now the way it is and the repaired neck pretty much nixes any decent resale, so just enjoy it for what it is and trawl the auction sites looking for MMK pickups; every now and again, someone parts an Aria, Vantage or Westone out. Perhaps someone in here with a Prestige could whip the p'ups out and let us know what is on the back of 'em?! Caucajun?! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:48 pm

i KNEW i should'a took pix when i had it apart before.........i'll see what i can do..........i gotz a jambalaya on th' stove an' it's callin' my name!

TBC

Last edited by caucajun on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not tellin' ya!)
caucajun
caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

i haven't forgotten. p'up pix are still comin'.
caucajun
caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down