The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this - fantastic!!

+5
Steve777
Iceman
corsair
fish
hoax
9 posters

Go down

Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this  - fantastic!! Empty Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this - fantastic!!

Post by hoax Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Just have a watch at this to see complete and utter mastery of a strat from this young fellow. When I watch this it reminds me of my own playing - not!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zi3V_HITo8

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this  - fantastic!! Empty Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this - fantastic!!

Post by fish Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:14 pm

hoax wrote:Just have a watch at this to see complete and utter mastery of a strat from this young fellow. When I watch this it reminds me of my own playing - not!!

Hoax

See what you mean Hoax, doesn't remind me of my playing either Evil or Very Mad thanks for that Very Happy
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this  - fantastic!! Empty Re: Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this - fantastic!!

Post by corsair Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Love JB's playing - always have... rate him more highly than just about anyone up to and including Clapton, Page, SRV, Vai, Satch, and even Gilmour... Shocked
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this  - fantastic!! Empty Re: Didn't really get Jeff Beck until I saw this - fantastic!!

Post by Iceman Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 pm

He was completely amazing again when he was here last week. Seemed just a touch wooden unfortunately, too much "recital" too much of the time for me. But the tone and touch were utterly fantastic. Talk about making that axe talk.... Shocked

The man is obviously an extraterrestrial. Where that sound comes from is of a higher plane...
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve777 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:14 am

Followed him for years when he did stuff with Stanley Clarke (1970's??)

Particularly like his rendition of "Somewhere over the rainbow", a masterclass in restraint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyjIWhWrrw&feature=related
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm

One of, if not the best gig I went to was JB playing with Imelda Mays band a year or so ago. The guy is an icon.
He finished with Over the Rainbow and although the vid above is accomplished the solo version I saw was screamingly hair raising.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Beck's right hand technique is out of this world. But I know where he got it. Check out Hank Marvin. I like Beck better, but it's obvious that Marvin was an influence on Beck.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DuoFuzz Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:14 pm

I just saw this on TV and thought it was worth adding.

It's Jeff Beck getting funky in 1974 with a jazz fusion band called Upp, which he produced. Check out the cool bass solo around 2:05! Cool

UPP feat. JEFF BECK - Down In The Dirt (1974 UK TV Performance)

DAN.
DuoFuzz
DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:16 pm

That bass solo made me really happy. Very Happy
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down