The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar!

+6
Barry
Warrn
colt933
Baluski
corsair
The Chad
10 posters

Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar!

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRA-Westone-6-String-Electric-Guitar-Case-/330534979010?pt=Guitar&hash=item4cf56b85c2

These Electra Lady's look like pre-Dynasty's, or Dynasty's before they got all cool looking. This is one of the stranger '80's stylings to have hit the market, and does have a feminine look to it IMHO. Great sounding guitar though. Someone buy it for their Wife. Let the EGAS hit her, too!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty Re: Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar!

Post by corsair Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm all over this... and I've got a mate in Denver to boot!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty Re: Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar!

Post by Baluski Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm

There was one of these on the 'bay awhile back but I got outbid and ended up with my Futura instead. Totally happy with the outcome.
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Baluski wrote:There was one of these on the 'bay awhile back but I got outbid and ended up with my Futura instead. Totally happy with the outcome.

Baluski my friend, thou art a pointy guitfiddle fan also? cheers You had bid on a Lady, got a Futura, and there's a sweet looking Dimension as your avatar...

I had to respond to your post just so I could see my Dynasty avatar under your Dimension. So cool... Quick, someone with another pointy avatar, post under mine! Cool
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 am

OK... not a Westone, but it is a Matsumoku!!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am

The pointier the better! I'm digging this beast but I feel they're asking to much for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Westone-X5RD-Monark-Electric-Guitar-Matsumoku-MIJ-80s-/280621338134?pt=Guitar&hash=item415655ce16#ht_500wt_922

Anyways, I hope to acquire an Aria Urchin sometime in the future, it would fit right into my family. Very Happy
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

corsair wrote:OK... not a Westone, but it is a Matsumoku!!!

Oh yeah baby, now that's what I'm talking about!!! Way to go, bring on the pointies!!! What is that thing anyway?! ❤
It's so pretty it hurts... Sad

I want to get one so pointy that it moderately injures my band mates while I'm playing it.

The pointy avatars in this thread almost poked my eye out.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 am

The Chad wrote: What is that thing anyway?!

That would be my Vantage Invader II, bought in Australia a year and sent back to NZ to be stored with the rest of my gear!

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! DSC_0093

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! CSC_0098

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! CSC_0075

... this is Don, the bloke in Aussie I bought it off. The one I'm holding is my personal Holy Grail; a Vantage VA912 neckthru electric 12 string that he bought through he States and kindly let me have a play with; it was like stroking an angels' naughty bits - it really was that good!! He didn't want to sell that one to me.... Sad Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 am

I want to get one so pointy that it moderately injures my band mates while I'm playing it.

Maybe something to this effect...

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Chafincustom

Or this...

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNwIXMyt5u7JmKj-7Y4g1wAsKBu63jTDz43ItXRDHFB_KIemhv&t=1

\m/
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm

WHOA!!! That twelve string is a neck through?! Whew, just the idea of that makes me a little weak! Great you got to play it, bet it was a dream. And that Invader looks to be in superb condition! Look at that red, it's gorgeous, I'll have to add an Invader II to my list...

And Balusky, that is what I'm talking about! Those two pointies look downright dangerous!

And of course the Monark, which you like too. Looks like that point comes pre-sharpened!
Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Monark10
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

The Chad wrote:Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRA-Westone-6-String-Electric-Guitar-Case-/330534979010?pt=Guitar&hash=item4cf56b85c2

These Electra Lady's look like pre-Dynasty's, or Dynasty's before they got all cool looking. This is one of the stranger '80's stylings to have hit the market, and does have a feminine look to it IMHO. Great sounding guitar though. Someone buy it for their Wife. Let the EGAS hit her, too!

Isn't there a guitar model named Urchin that is similar to this - maybe from Hondo?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

corsair wrote:

That would be my Vantage Invader II, bought in Australia a year and sent back to NZ to be stored with the rest of my gear!

Excellent CASE!!!

Last edited by colt933 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

[quote="colt933]
Excellent CASE!!![/quote]

I thought that too, strangest case I've ever seen!

And you're right about the Urchin. Crazy looking thing! For an ever crazier looking "Urchin" type, check out this Quest Atak 5! http://cgi.ebay.com/Quest-Atak-5-Project-Matsumoku-Vantage-/300530207682?pt=Guitar&hash=item45f8ff0bc2
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

The Monark might be expensive, but it is the rarest of the Electra/Westone pointies. Even the Electra Lady pops up more often than Monarks do. My one and only pointy is my 1985 Dim IV bass. Pickups are so hot I have to plug it into the active side of my amp! Very Happy
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

colt933 wrote:
The Chad wrote:Check this out...

Isn't there a guitar model named Urchin that is similar to this - maybe from Hondo?

The Urchin is an Aria guitar.

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! 2435145144_9b0f028034

There was a white Monark on the 'bay a month or so ago, I think it went for $350 or around there.
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:04 pm

The Chad wrote:...And you're right about the Urchin. Crazy looking thing!...
Hey now!
Who're you callin' "crazy lookin'"?
URCHIN 60T

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Barry wrote:
The Chad wrote:...And you're right about the Urchin. Crazy looking thing!...
Hey now!
Who're you callin' "crazy lookin'"?
URCHIN 60T

Alright Barry! I didn't take you for the pointy type! She's a looker, that's for sure, and great job restoring her to her former beauty (she's an 'exotic' beauty... Very Happy ).
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 pm

The Chad wrote:Alright Barry! I didn't take you for the pointy type!

Ha!! He's not, but came over to the Dark Side just this once.... he's a Spectrum man, like myself! Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 pm

{{tee hee}}
Yes, it's a funny 'ole world, eh? geek

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 pm

[img]Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! V2[/img]

The "pointy-est" on I got...... let the flogging begin...... Rolling Eyes Razz :joker:
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DuoFuzz Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Cool guitar Iceman, can't be many of the early V2's with boomerang pickups knocking about. cyclops

At high school we had a teachers assistant that had the same model. Sadly the bridge pickup died on his and instead of getting it repaired he decided to rout his out for a DiMarzio, such a shame! Sad

DAN.

Last edited by DuoFuzz on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't type!)
DuoFuzz
DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:31 pm

As most know who have heard or played one it has a tone that really is mismatched to it's appearance. Really suited to jazz or fusion styles and requires a fair amount of electronic manipulation to get a sound you would associate to it's looks. The pups are really clear and quiet, almost calm. Luckily I have one which has held up and has not required any mods or replaced parts (the pups really do not exist for replacement anymore, at least in my travels in cyberspace.) Appreciate the props, though Very Happy
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:11 am

A V2?! Sweet! What year is it? These were real rare in 79/80. Cool piece Iceman, do you play it much?

Check this out... I was just quick Google-ing for info on the V2 hoping to find info on how they sound, and I came accross this picture:

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Ira20110

lol! scratch cheers AHHH! What the heck is THIS?!?!?!

Oh man, this made me laugh so hard I could barely breathe!!! I know it's not a V2 like yours, but this pic was just too good not to share.
If I had a Gibby V, this would DEFINITELY be my avatar!!! Oh man, laughing again, this is too much!

This isn't YOU by any chance, Iceman?! Before you sold your '58 V for the V2?!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 am

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Ira20110
Hi Sailor, new in town?

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 am

Barry wrote:Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Ira20110
Hi Sailor, new in town?

lol! lol! lol!

Oh man, BARRY WINS THE CAPTION CONTEST!!! I'm laughing so hard i"m crying and can barely see the keyboard to type this!!!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Quick!!!! I need an emoticon for ROFL. Absolutely and positively insane. OMG!!! Oxygen STAT!!!

(And btw that is not me but I gotta admit I do want that axe)
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Someone needs to buy this now, doesn't get any cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electra-Futura-X1-PW-/320645145207?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa7f0a277#ht_8329wt_1139
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 pm

The Chad wrote:A V2?! Sweet! What year is it? These were real rare in 79/80. Cool piece Iceman, do you play it much?

Sorry I missed your question Chad, my eyes were somehow drawn to MY new avatar (as soon as I figure out how to resize it). Anyway, it is a 1980 that I picked up in 1988 and I really have not played it in at least 10 years or better. As close to a Holy Grail as I can get personally (that is until my x350ma surfaces). Wink
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am

So that is an '80, that's a holy grail alright! Rare piece without question, I probably wouldn't play if much either!

Now about that avatar... I'd taken the liberty to resize it FOR YOU! Here ya go, just right click on it and save it to your computer. I was laughing nonstop while resizing this thing, this pic truly is classic...

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Ira20197220w20195820Flying20V
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 am

Baluski wrote:Someone needs to buy this now, doesn't get any cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electra-Futura-X1-PW-/320645145207?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa7f0a277#ht_8329wt_1139

That's true Baluski, nice one. I'm not sold on these yet, but they may grow on me. That red Dynasty on Ebay sold yesterday for $313 with case. Looked pretty nice, too. Prices have been going up on Westies lately, for sure.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty My first post...That's my Vantage!!

Post by Leadfoot Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 am

corsair wrote:
The Chad wrote: What is that thing anyway?!

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! CSC_0098

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! CSC_0075

... this is Don, the bloke in Aussie I bought it off. The one I'm holding is my personal Holy Grail; a Vantage VA912 neckthru electric 12 string that he bought through he States and kindly let me have a play with; it was like stroking an angels' naughty bits - it really was that good!! He didn't want to sell that one to me.... Sad Very Happy

Hi mate, I'm the idiot that sold that guitar to the guy you bought it off. It has a Seymour JB in it. What a great little guitar! I found it in a pawn shop in Campbelltown, NSW for $350. I think I sold it for $400. I am so disappointed! I only signed up to this forum to tell you how upset I am. Haha...will I ever learn??? Oh woe is me...

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! VantageInvaderII_10
Leadfoot
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty Another shot of the Invader II

Post by Leadfoot Wed May 18, 2011 5:43 am

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! VantageInvaderII_01
Leadfoot
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchy Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 am

Love how the Invader looks.... Would love one.... rendeer

Nice to see you here Leadfoot!

P.
Frenchy
Frenchy

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed May 18, 2011 10:52 am

Gotta say, Leadfoot, I'm not unhappy you unloaded it to Don, eh... I like it quite a lot! It certainly galvanises opinions I've got to say....!!Like I said, it's now in storage with the rest of my gear in Dunedin, New Zealand, awaiting to order to ship it to wherever we fetch up in this world!

I'll be replacing the SD with an MMK 45 at some stage in the future just to put it back to OEM specs, so I'm gonna need a gold pickup case...

What else do you have that you might want to part with, mate?! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Electra "Lady" on Ebay, strange guitar! Empty Never again...

Post by Leadfoot Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I won't be selling another guiatr as long as I live! Haha...I've parted company with so many over the years...starting with my Ibanez Rocket Roll II flying V. Also had an Ibanez PR 1660 Randy Rhoads shape V(1985), a '78 Iceman, an early 80s Azumi, a Fernandes Rhoads V....you would have thought I'd learnt my lesson with the first one.

Thanks Frenchy.
Leadfoot
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down