The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver

+4
corsair
boutjp97
woz
electricdruid
8 posters

Go down

Pantera - Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver Empty Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver

Post by electricdruid Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi, here's one going for $300 in Vancouver Canada if anyone's keen...

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/2092193979.html
electricdruid
electricdruid
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver Empty Re: Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver

Post by woz Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 am

electricdruid wrote:Hi, here's one going for $300 in Vancouver Canada if anyone's keen...

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/2092193979.html

Is $300 a good price? I may have been tempted but it's pink...
woz
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver Empty Re: Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver

Post by boutjp97 Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 am

Well, opinion matters here. If you go out and buy a $300 (CAD) guitar today it will not even come close to the X300 as far as sound, quality and playability so I guess it is worth it in that respect. But on that note market value says it is overpriced on our continent. I have bought a pearl white and a pink X300 for (if memory serves me) between $180 and $200 USD (which has been on par with CAD for a while now). I didn't need both so I did sell one a while back, my wife chose the color I kept so... Embarassed Anyway I sold the white one and I think I broke even on it or maybe made a couple of dollars. So the question is what can $300 get you today VS. fair market value of that guitar. Your opinion is what counts, offer the seller $225 firm and point out to him/her eBay completed auctions setting the fair market value. But it will still be pink, trust me you will take a beating on here for that (except from Polly). Razz
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 am

boutjp97 wrote: But it will still be pink, trust me you will take a beating on here for that (except from Polly). Razz

This is very true... I fancy a XA1440 in Metallic Pink, and I get a shellacing about that!! Laughing He's right there, you know; that $300 Pantera will knock any other $300 guitar into a cocked hat without even breaking a sweat.
If you can get, then you should; very very good guitar....

Last edited by corsair on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Pink is the best color the Pantera came in and I'm dead serious when I say that. Smile
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by cnevins Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

They say "Pink is the new black" Surprised
cnevins
cnevins
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by woz Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I guess I could always paint it a different colour or would that be sacrilege? Shocked
woz
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 am

Once it's yours, bro, you can do any damn thing you like to it!! Bear in mind that the Westone paint finishes are as hard as the hobs of hell and take some kind of removing!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 am

I second corsair's statement. Taking the finish off is no easy feat to accomplish and takes lots of patience. Although the back of the 300 has some flat spots, the rest is contoured so you have to take your time to avoid creating little flat spots on the curves.

That being said, if I had a pink 300, the first thing I would do is sand it down as it looks horrible Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

For the era, and the pointy headstock, this color of pink is as good any color. This is a 'hair metal' guitar. I've owned one (dark red) and it was fabulous - great neck. I shouldn't have sold it.

From looking at the pictures, do you think he moved the neck back to accommodate the 'real' Floyd? If he did not, then this guitar will not make scale and will not intonate - see discussions about this in other threads on this site.

Having said all of this, if the Floyd is made in America, then $300CAN is a steal for this great guitar.

Also I must add, that while others on this site have done so, in my opinion, removing the finish of this guitar is not in the realm of possibilities. It's pink - love it for what it is. That finish is hard and thick.

Last edited by colt933 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing the finish)
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by woz Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51 pm

The pics in the CL ad were just pulled from here:

http://www.westone.info/panterax300.html

so I assume they aren't pics of the actual guitar. Rolling Eyes

woz
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Good catch Woz! Pantera - Westone Pantera X300, Vancouver Thumb_up
So now we know we're dealing with a dishonest seller regardless of the guitar's colour. David also has a enforced restriction on people using his copyrighted material from the westone.info site.

Best to stay away from this guy altogether, or approach him with extreme caution!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down