The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY

+3
Barry
corsair
bluetmac
7 posters

Go down

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Empty WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY

Post by bluetmac Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:53 pm

HI GUYS HAVE TO SELL SOME STUFF/PAY SOME BILLS - I JUST LISTED MY PANTERA X300 ON E-BAY - ANY ?'S LET ME KNOW - I HOPE I DID THIS RIGHT, IF I SAID TO MUCH OR NOT ENOUGH PLZ LET ME KNOW - THX ALL, KEEP ROCKING, TMAC.
bluetmac
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Empty can you post the link?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:53 pm

can you post the link?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Empty Re: WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY

Post by bluetmac Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:02 pm

NOT SURE IF THIS IS WAHT YOU WANT, BUT... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160453789327&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Empty Re: WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm

The 608 at the start of the serial number dates it to August 86. Very few Westones are worth as much as your start price and the X300 isn't one of them. Judging by the ones I've seen on Ebay before, I wouldn't expect an X300 to fetch even $200
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Thorn wrote:The 608 at the start of the serial number dates it to August 86. Very few Westones are worth as much as your start price and the X300 isn't one of them. Judging by the ones I've seen on Ebay before, I wouldn't expect an X300 to fetch even $200

i am starting to think you are right - thx for the input, probably have to lower start price in couple days, tmac.
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Strewth; $US200 for a Pantera sounds a bit light!! Spectrums are starting to get up around that and a bit more besides!! I'd let the auction run it's course and if it doesn't sell, then bring the BIN down a bit....
corsair

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm

corsair wrote:Strewth; $US200 for a Pantera sounds a bit light!! Spectrums are starting to get up around that and a bit more besides!! I'd let the auction run it's course and if it doesn't sell, then bring the BIN down a bit....
Yeah, I'd tend to agree. Although the Spectrums seem to be better known over 'ere I think, which might account for it.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8702
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Empty 275

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:24 am

I just picked up an X300 a little while back for $275 and I thought that was fair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 am

I just picked up an X300 a little while back for $275 and I thought that was fair.

IMHO that's fair...
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:12 am

I got my white X300 for $225 and my pink one for $180. I mean I just picked up another X350MA for $425 + $45 shipping so I don't believe an X300 will fetch much over $200 as of late. Good luck to you anyway. Don't sell any guitar for less than it is worth to you, you may as well keep it and play it yourself if your going to regret letting it go cheaper than you wanted to.
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am

If you check the completed listings on Ebay only two Westones have gone over $200 recently, and both are ones you'd expect to get higher prices, being top of their range (Or near it) - a Spectrum LX bass with both necks and hard case and a Pantera X350. Even the rarer ones aren't fetching much, a Steve Lynch signature Corsair only got $175. There's only one X300 in the completed listings, one in very good condition with a buy it now price of $299 - it didn't sell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Thorn wrote:If you check the completed listings on Ebay only two Westones have gone over $200 recently, and both are ones you'd expect to get higher prices, being top of their range (Or near it) - a Spectrum LX bass with both necks and hard case and a Pantera X350. Even the rarer ones aren't fetching much, a Steve Lynch signature Corsair only got $175. There's only one X300 in the completed listings, one in very good condition with a buy it now price of $299 - it didn't sell.

ouch!
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:49 pm

WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Icon_eek
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 am

corsair wrote:WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Icon_eek
i'm hip, thx.
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 pm

I knew it was your's the second i saw it on ebay.

It wont sell with a starting price of 400$ (you started it at 500$ in the begining!!)

The very best you can hope for this guitar is 300$; a killer price for that guitar, and exactly what i offered you a couple weeks ago.

I have bough an X300 last week in my hometown. It's a perfect shape, time capsuled guitar, not even a scratch on the paint. I paid 175$ for the most straight X300 i've ever saw, and i've seen alot.

Since you're in need of cash, and decide to list your Spectrum LX at a reasonable starting bid, i'll jump on it.
Breidablik
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Breidablik wrote:I knew it was your's the second i saw it on ebay.

It wont sell with a starting price of 400$ (you started it at 500$ in the begining!!)

The very best you can hope for this guitar is 300$; a killer price for that guitar, and exactly what i offered you a couple weeks ago.

I have bough an X300 last week in my hometown. It's a perfect shape, time capsuled guitar, not even a scratch on the paint. I paid 175$ for the most straight X300 i've ever saw, and i've seen alot.

Since you're in need of cash, and decide to list your Spectrum LX at a reasonable starting bid, i'll jump on it.

my bad, i lost your e-mail, and i'm kinda lazy, i'm keeping all the lx's, i have 2 fx's. an sx- ? and 4 or 5 of the newer spectrums. - any interest?
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:22 pm

bluetmac wrote:

my bad, i lost your e-mail, and i'm kinda lazy, i'm keeping all the lx's, i have 2 fx's. an sx- ? and 4 or 5 of the newer spectrums. - any interest?

Damn right i'm interested! The Spectrum FX is pretty much the same as the Spectrum LX! What color are your FX's and in what condition are they? Send me pics: varg@live.ca
Breidablik
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 am

Breidablik wrote: The Spectrum FX is pretty much the same as the Spectrum LX!

LX - bolt neck, FX - set neck.
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 am

corsair wrote:
Breidablik wrote: The Spectrum FX is pretty much the same as the Spectrum LX!

LX - bolt neck, FX - set neck.

Yeah! Isn't that ''pretty much the same''?... WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Icon_twisted
Breidablik
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 am

To my ears, yes, but the cognoscenti say that a set neck properly set up with no paint and minimal glue in the join - therefore more wood to wood contact - will sustain much more smoothly than a bolt neck. And of course a neck thru is better than a set neck because the strings are attached to the same piece(s) of wood at both ends...

My view is that at stage volumes no-one can tell the subtle differences.... WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 am

A set neck should be technically superior to a bolt on and, to all intents and purposes, provide a much better vibration transmission and a generally stronger connection to the body. Once glued in place of course it becomes part of the guitar's body which itself is usually comprised of glued pieces of wood.

But I agree with John's comment about actually hearing the difference on stage in a band setting. Unless you are the featured performer (a la Stevie Ray Vaughan or Gary Moore) and the band is merely your backup, it ain't too likely the extra sustain and nuances would be noticeable methinks.

Meantime, I'd stack any of my Mats bolt on's against almost any guitar out there for tone, sustain and power, particularly the GT and DX. rabbit

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 am

Barry wrote:Meantime, I'd stack any of my Mats bolt on's against
almost any guitar out there for tone, sustain and power

A - bloody -men to that, brother!! But you missed value for money!!! WESTONE PANTERA X300 LISTED ON E-BAY Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:46 pm

You will notice the difference as will someone who has played a variety of guitars, but your average show attendee will not get the subtle nuances outside of maybe noticing that you have a somewhat unique tone.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm still hoping to find a Mats through neck (no particular model)...or even a set neck that I like. So far no luck.
(I do have three set necks but they're non-Mats so I guess they don't count. Razz )

I guess it's as much subjective feel as it is physics, or maybe it's just damn good design (a la Tom Presley), but I do notice that on my "livelier" bolt on guitars, I can definitely feel more vibration in the neck. They rival the set necks that way, so I could not state categorically that one is better than the other.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Breidablik wrote:
bluetmac wrote:

Damn right i'm interested! The Spectrum FX is pretty much the same as the Spectrum LX! What color are your FX's and in what condition are they? Send me pics: [url=mailto://varg@live.ca
varg@live.ca[/quote[/url]]

just sent some pics, spectrum 2 - pantera - 2 fx's 2 sx's - 1 mx - let me know when you get the pix.
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 pm

[quote="bluetmac"]
Breidablik wrote:
bluetmac wrote:

Damn right i'm interested! The Spectrum FX is pretty much the same as the Spectrum LX! What color are your FX's and in what condition are they? Send me pics: varg@live.ca[/quote]

just sent some pics, spectrum 2 - pantera - 2 fx's 2 sx's - 1 mx - let me know when you get the pix.

Still haven't received the pics. Make sure you type my adress correctly.
Breidablik
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 pm

i sent to varg@live.ca - i recieved a delivery failure notice - is varg@live.ca correct, maybe i sent too many pics?
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 pm

bluetmac wrote:i sent to varg@live.ca - i recieved a delivery failure notice - is varg@live.ca correct, maybe i sent too many pics?

I dont know. Try sending only the FX's pics.

If it still doesnt work, try: dunkelheit_30@hotmail.com
Breidablik
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Breidablik wrote:
bluetmac wrote:i sent to varg@live.ca - i recieved a delivery failure notice - is varg@live.ca correct, maybe i sent too many pics?

I dont know. Try sending only the FX's pics.

If it still doesnt work, try: [url=mailto://dunkelheit_30@hotmail.com
dunkelheit_30@hotmail.com[/quote[/url]]

Still nothing... Both adresses are correct.
Breidablik
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:44 am

Hey, you fellas should be PMing this info to each other; you do not want your email addys out there for public consumption, eh?! Shocked
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by bluetmac Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 am

understood, thx, tmac.
bluetmac
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down