The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts

5 posters

Go down

Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Empty I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts

Post by Lunatech78 Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:05 am

New member, long time player. There is a wealth of information in this forum and I'm thankful to have found it, because my knowledge of Westones is very limited. As far as I can tell the hardware is all original, but missing are the following items. Trem arm, input jack plate, locks and screws for the tuners, and the trem cover plate with model and mfg info on it. I would love to restore this beauty to its original condition, but I'm in the US and can't get parts shipped from the UK. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I will try to post pics tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Lunatech78
Registered Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Empty Re: I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts

Post by corsair Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 am

Ooh, goody; a Genesis!! Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Icon_biggrin Well, as for the bits, Thorn will send them to me and I am quite willing to send them onto you!! I'll PM you with further details on how this might work!

He has everything you want except the trem cover - the model info is a sticker and will have gone with the OEM plate - and input jack plate. Now, I'm pretty sure that my Genesis II just has the socket recessed in the side of the body with no plate, as such... mind you, I haven't laid eyes on it for nearly 2 years now so memory is a little unreliable!! Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Icon_lol
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Empty Re: I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts

Post by Steve777 Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:04 am

Yup John, the jack socket is recessed on the G2 ... well it is on mine. Might be a bit tough finding an original trem cover plate for a G1 but if you PM me, I can take a photo of mine.
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDog Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:04 am

Love my G1 - my second favorite guitar. Mine is complete (and near mint) - except for an aftermarket trem arm - if you need any info for reference.
SunDog
SunDog
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunatech78 Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 am

I guess I should have done more homework, [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_study.png[/img] it is not a G1, but a Spectrum ?? (Thanks John)
Lunatech78
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:17 am

Ooopsie! Never mind, lots of us here are big Spectrum fans too!
Still, we don't see a Genesis too often, and it would have been nice...

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Ahhh, Barry; this is a pointy Spectrum... and you don't like the pointies.... Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Icon_lol Yeah, I do like the Genesis shape and that weird wee beveled step in the body; lovely players, too!! Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Icon_biggrin
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:10 pm

corsair wrote:Ahhh, Barry; this is a pointy Spectrum... and you don't like the pointies....
True 'nuff. tongue

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunatech78 Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:40 pm

What classifies them as a "pointy"... the headstock? There is a real Genesis 1 on the bay right now, appears to be in great shape for $399 OMO. Seller calls himself a "Westone Freak". That's where I heard the term pointy first.
Lunatech78
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:52 pm

The true pointies are the Dynasty, Dimension 4 and Monark, as well as the Electra models of the same ilk, and the likes of my Vantage Invader, but Westone did have a great line in "hair metal" guitars - the spectrum II and III, Challenger, Corsair et al, and consequently are referred to, by us! , as "the pointies", probably yes, because of the headstocks!! Genesis - I just aquired a Genesis 1 that needs a few parts  Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down