The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring....

5 posters

Go down

Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Empty Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring....

Post by psafloyd Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 am

Just picked up a hardly played Concord H-III in an original Westone case from FB Marketplace. It was a very fair price, considering the guitar is worth what I paid without the case.

Anyway, I have a few queries I cannot answer from a search here and on the website, partly because some of the info on the H-III page is simply wrong.     

Firstly, there is no trem bar. Of course there isn't. well, not an original one, in any case. Can anyone advise whether it will accept a Floyd bar, or does that require the threaded insert to be replaced for a Floyd one?

Secondly, I can't quite work out what the controls a) are, and b) should be doing. Does anyone have a description or link to a diagram so I may try and figure it out, please? 

Finally, it's in what I believe is silver stone. Now, that doesn't feature as an option in the brochures available on the website, but it could be a transitional model, as he Spectrum III that replaced it was, as I have one. 

Does anyone know either of a code for this paint, or a decent match, as I have a few chips across both guitars? 

As ever, my thanks in anticipation. Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Bridge10
Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Guitar10
Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Wiring10
psafloyd
psafloyd
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-06-07

Back to top Go down

Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Empty Re: Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring....

Post by Barry Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:15 pm

psafloyd wrote:Just picked up a hardly played Concord H-III in an original Westone case from FB Marketplace. It was a very fair price, considering the guitar is worth what I paid without the case.
Very nice! Congrats.
Anyway, I have a few queries I cannot answer from a search here and on the website, partly because some of the info on the H-III page is simply wrong.
Are you looking at our website, westoneguitars.net? I don't think there's any wrong info there, but the images have definitely disappeared. Looks like the Admin needs to do some maintenance. affraid
Firstly, there is no trem bar.... Can anyone advise whether it will accept a Floyd bar, or does that require the threaded insert to be replaced for a Floyd one?
A Floyd will not fit. You need a 6mm dia arm, usually listed on most sites as for "imports"
Secondly, I can't quite work out what the controls a) are, and b) should be doing. Does anyone have a description or link to a diagram so I may try and figure it out, please? 
The website describes this OK. Pretty straight forward: 3 way selector switch with coil cut on B and N (pull up on tone knobs)
Finally, it's in what I believe is silver stone. Now, that doesn't feature as an option in the brochures available on the website, but it could be a transitional model, as he Spectrum III that replaced it was, as I have one. Does anyone know either of a code for this paint, or a decent match, as I have a few chips across both guitars?
Everything about Westone specs was "subject to change without notice" and they did a lot of experimentation with hardware, electronics, and finishes. As for colour matching, you're pretty much on your own, especially for this type of finish. There are no colour specs that we're aware of.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

psafloyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Empty Why, thank, you...

Post by psafloyd Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:52 am

Thanks again, Barry. You helped me out a couple of years back with a saddle for an early Paduak.

The website was fine for the original/series 1/early H-IIIs. However, the one pictured (and mine) must be a later transitional model as they share many similarities with the Spectrum III that replaced them. 

Do you know if the trem arm required is a threaded 6mm? I may well have one of those in the house. 

As for paint, I may have to find a close auto colour and mix until I find something close. But that's not a priority for now. 

Thanks again.
psafloyd
psafloyd
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-06-07

Back to top Go down

Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring.... Empty Re: Concord H-III – I have a number of questions on trem, paint and wiring....

Post by Barry Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:50 am

Yep, as I said above, a 6mm dia. trem arm should fit just fine. A Floyd is 10-32 IIRC and is too small.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxFubar Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:32 am

I picked up a "Fastloader" Trem from Guitar Fetish.  It fit my Corsair basketcase that was missing its original Bendmaster.  Fastloader Trem  They might have a bar that would fit as well.
MaxFubar
MaxFubar
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:32 pm

That’s a Bendmaster Precision bridge which was fitted with the same bar that came with the Bendmaster FT. 
It is a bar peculiar to these two bridges, being longer and of a different geometry than anything else; I made 2 by welding 2 100x6mm bolts together after cutting the heads off, annealing them, shaping them with reference to the OEM bar I have here, and then re-annealing them and painting them.
That said, any 6mm bar will fit and work satisfactorily.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizzit Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:37 pm

As far as your paint matching goes, it might be worthwhile to visit a reputable (not Maaco, lol!) local auto bodyshop. Many of them have analyzers that can match the paint to a T. Probably won't be cheap though as automotive paint is expensive. Somewhere around $75ish for a single stage paint
Drizzit
Drizzit
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down