The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives?

5 posters

Go down

Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives? Empty Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives?

Post by ntmh72 Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:54 am

Hi. Need some help please. My wife bought me a Prestige 250 for my 18th birthday, 30 years ago now. I can't really play but the guitar it is very precious to me. Unfortunately, a recent incident saw the tailpiece get broken. I didn't realise how catastrophic that actually was in terms of this particular guitar!!

So I joined the group to ask the question....I know it's been asked a lot in the past. As replacements are simply not available to buy anywhere due to it's non-standard sizing, the question I have is, what are the alternatives?

I've seen comments such as "put a Bigsby on it", "put a trapeze on it" etc, but has anyone actually ever done this? 

I spoke to a local shop and he said the issue will always be the string spacing, even if I was to buy a standard tailpiece and get the original holes plugged. Does anyone happen to know what the string spacing is on them?

I am trying to get the part modelled in 3D and then get some quotes on getting one machined. However, if anyone does happen to have one lying around that they would sell then please let me know.

I would like to get the guitar 'playable' again and on display in my house. Really appreciate any help or advice. 

Many thanks

Last edited by ntmh72 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ntmh72
ntmh72

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-06-24

Back to top Go down

Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives? Empty Re: Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives?

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Idea
if you have the old tailpiece you could take it to a metal fabricator and have them make a new one.
just like >> this <
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1500
Registration date : 2011-05-25

ntmh72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives? Empty Re: Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives?

Post by Scorpious69 Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:47 am

Hi can anybody tell me where on my Corair Steve Lynch model can I find my serial nr?
Scorpious69
Scorpious69
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:14 pm

Scorpious, as I told you on your other post, you are way off topic here!

Please refrain from multi-posting on the same issue/question. It makes it difficult to follow a conversation and it confuses everyone. One post is enough and please make sure you start a New Topic in the correct Forum so it doesn't get buried in another members' post.

Thanks

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jorg Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:58 pm

ARE YOU SITTING DOWN?
  I may have a source for a replacement tail piece.

So far, I found a shop that makes standard stop bar style tail pieces in their own shop. Now, these are flat, not curved at all for use on lap steel guitars. Will that be a problem?

I'm looking at my Aria Pro II PE-R60 which I believe uses the same dimensions and I don't think it will matter. He said he can probably make them with 73mm(?) spacing but would need to do around 6 to make it worth while.

I don't know yet how much per unit but the ones he offers now are $49.99. I literally just sent message asking about price and came here to post. I will update when I hear back from him.

If all goes well, I'm going to also ask if he could copy an existing unit. I would think he could do it from pictures with dimensions or possibly someone has a broken unit he could inspect?

How many would be interested if the price is about $50?
jorg
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:11 pm

Hey Chris that's encouraging news! So Happy

Now let's hope we get enough eyeballs on this post to get a timely response for you.

I'll put a message on the main page banner for starters, and if any members reading this are also registered on the Westone Facebook page would you please also pass the word there?

The link to that site is at on our menu at the top of this page.

Fingers crossed. Nice going my friend.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Mon May 15, 2023 1:55 am

just thought i might throw in here, that it is the same tailpiece for Rainbow guitars        Drink Beer
best of luck to anyone who needs one!
Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives? 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-5E8bfCJXhVSeE8zvY7X9fg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1461258657
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Mon May 22, 2023 5:05 pm

also used on the Pantera X350 hardtail versions
Prestige 250 Stop Tailpiece - Alternatives? 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-6nblSdX3SlwwCma7grPmFMqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1670796435
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down