The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Source for Westone colors or matching?

4 posters

Go down

Source for Westone colors or matching? Empty Source for Westone colors or matching?

Post by Rocktower Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Hello

I am picking up a Genesis 1 bass in translucent Red. It has some gouges in the lacquer that I would like to clean up. This may be a long shot, but does anyone have a line on factory touch up paint for these?

Source for Westone colors or matching? A0dbfd10
Source for Westone colors or matching? 8733e410
Rocktower
Rocktower
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-07-24

Back to top Go down

Source for Westone colors or matching? Empty Re: Source for Westone colors or matching?

Post by Westbone Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Nope, it's find a finisher..... Cool
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Source for Westone colors or matching? Empty Re: Source for Westone colors or matching?

Post by corsair Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Those translucent finishes are a bugger of a thing to patch... you could try finding a nail polish close to that colour?
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Rocktower likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocktower Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 pm

corsair wrote:Those translucent finishes are a bugger of a thing to patch... you could try finding a nail polish close to that colour?
yeah, that’s what I was leaning towards. The spots are bit in super visible areas, but I don’t want ti muck things up
Rocktower
Rocktower
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 pm

Nail polish is the safest thing to experiment with. If you don't like it you can remove it with acetone.

Depending on your comfort level and skill you can also muck around with acrylic paints then fill and level with cyanoacrylate glue when you're happy with it.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocktower Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:40 am

Barry wrote:Nail polish is the safest thing to experiment with. If you don't like it you can remove it with acetone.

Depending on your comfort level and skill you can also muck around with acrylic paints then fill and level with cyanoacrylate glue when you're happy with it.

I appreciate the response. I am leaning towards the nail polish just because I can get it in smaller amounts and give my wife as a present Of the colors that don’t quite match, but I thought about taking it to the paint supply place i. Town to see if the could match the acrylic.
Rocktower
Rocktower
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:21 am

It depends whether the tint is in the clear, or if the body was stained...
The Spectrum SX that I restored is a trans blue so I took it along to my painter/guru and he matched it in a heartbeat; the tint was in the clear but there was an very faint stain on the body as well. He eventually blew the new finish on, and made a beautiful job of it, too!
Perhaps a visit to a painter/ airbrush artist might be a good idea??
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down