The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need informations! Please help me!!

5 posters

Go down

i need informations! Please help me!! Empty i need informations! Please help me!!

Post by angurio mallardho Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm

I've seen in a music shop a guitar, after an internet research i discover that is a Westone Rainbow (I don't know if Rainbow I or II); I've never heard before about this brand; i'd like to try this guitar because the price is quite good (i can affoad it!) and i read good things about Westone guitars and this model particullary.
I've read that in 1987-1988 Weston guitars move the factory plant in Korea and the quality of instruments went down; the answer is 1) how can I understand if this guitar is made in Japan, Korea or elsewhere? 2) Did they ever made Weston Rainbow models in Korea? or korean models were completely differnt from the original Weston models and Weston Rainbow model are all made in Japan and they never made anymore after 1987 (I am quite sure to have read it on internet).
If somebody can help me I thank him in advance.
By By
Luca
angurio mallardho

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

i need informations! Please help me!! Empty Re: i need informations! Please help me!!

Post by corsair Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:27 pm

G'day there fella - the Rainbows were made through to 1988 by Matsumoku and production didn't move to Korea as far as we know; no-one really knows for sure and the records are somewhat sketchy, to say the least!
Quality of the early instruments out of Korea was on a par with Japanese, probably becasue they were using japanese parts and had a lot of help setting up in Korea, so an MIK from 1988 would be still a good find; we just tend to be purists in here - nothing but Matsumoku will do! Laughing

Rainbows are very highly regarded by those who are lucky enough to own one and I have to say I'd probably pick one up if the opportunity arose, even though I've owned a Gibson 345 and hated it, so on balance, if it's in good nick, I'd buy the thing!! If you decide later on that you don't want it, one of the guys in here would probably be interested... Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

i need informations! Please help me!! Empty Re: i need informations! Please help me!!

Post by hendrik Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:22 am

Hi Luca,

go for it, quick!!

If you don't like it you can sell the guitar always to me. Very Happy

H.
hendrik
hendrik

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Those are pretty nice guitars! I second the suggestion to buy..
anaerobe
anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:37 am

hi luca,

how about looking at the serial number on the back of the headstock?
if there are 7 numbers (like 6012345),then it's matsumoku-made and the first number indicates the year of production (6=> 1986)...
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum