The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today

2 posters

Go down

XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today Empty XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 am

Wish me well... it matches the Sky Blue one from a few years ago that I posted about under the topic of "XA1430 Corsair - Poor guy", except this one doesn't have a broken headstock and has chrome knobs  (only alteration that I know of).  I posted on that old thread that "My biggest concern is the pickups will sound muffly like inactive EMGs.  Hoping against logic that this 1430 will have similar crunch like a Corsair 7470 signature" (seen on youtube).  I'm sure that's wishful thinking... and you know what they say about suckers. I'm cherry flavored. It might be in my hands and for sale again (at a loss) before the day is over...
drsyn67
drsyn67

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today Empty Re: XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today

Post by corsair Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Fingers crossed for you!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today Empty Re: XA1430 Corsair - Making one of "those" drives for one today

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:56 pm

I have returned with a beast!  I'm playing thru a cheap, non-tube basics-practice 15w Marshall at the moment.  The Corsair's tones are wide ranging, with mini-switches of doom! I think I found that I could dial back the humbucker to the single coils, getting a tone transition from Les Paul growl to Tele twang. I was caretaker of a Peavey T-60 that did that trick, so thumbs for that option! Not sure why these are not more popular (and why our beloved down-under admin doesn't feature one in his pool-party avatar?).  It needs a good cleaning, new strings (oh-god, the dreaded string locks), etc...  Will post pics eventually, since there are not many among the Members photos.
drsyn67
drsyn67

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:45 pm

drsyn67 wrote: (and why our beloved down-under admin doesn't feature one in his pool-party avatar?).

... because I've never ever seen one close enough to have a serious tilt at! I reckon these were pretty much exclusive to the North American market, eh!

I've quite fancied one for years - the XA1440 in either metallic pink or chrome yellow! - but the stars never aligned, though I have got 2 Clipper CL4112s - bought in NZ -  and a Spectrum Series II - bouhgt in the UK - with the same switching set up as your guitar which I like lots to play! Those bloody microswitches are a prize PITA, though...

I've had the forum handle for a lot longer than I've been a member here, too!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by drsyn67 Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 pm

If I hit this North American lottery tonight, I'll have half-a-dozen shipped to your doorstep by the end of the month Smile   Continued thanks for your years of insight on the brand... i am LOVING this new member of my flock!
drsyn67
drsyn67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down