The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really?

+5
Westbone
pompom
bobroberts
Sgt. Vimes
Adey
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Really?      - Page 2 Empty Re: Really?

Post by Westbone Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:45 am

Maybe our forum buddy 'pompom' would like to add something as he says he has knowledge of these instruments??

Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pompom Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:31 am

Westbone wrote:Maybe our forum buddy 'pompom' would like to add something as he says he has knowledge of these instruments??
Not only do I have knowledge of, I have possession of too. But if you go to one of the Fender, or more specifically Strat forums, you will find a great deal of info already available. Most people who are interested in a subject will generally want to spend their own time researching that subject, it isn't difficult study
pompom
pompom
Registered Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:18 am

pompom wrote:
Westbone wrote:Maybe our forum buddy 'pompom' would like to add something as he says he has knowledge of these instruments??
Not only do I have knowledge of, I have possession of too. But if you go to one of the Fender, or more specifically Strat forums, you will find a great deal of info already available. Most people who are interested in a subject will generally want to spend their own time researching that subject, it isn't difficult study
lol! That's what I said in the first place...
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Mon May 25, 2015 8:23 am

Haven't been on for a while, and hadn't seen the way the thread, erm, progressed. 

To clarify, I've owned the T1a on the left, from new, since '83, and I paid £150 for it. I've seen a great many bought and sold, over the years. Some for a bit more, and some for a bit less, but mainly I've seen nice ones go for somewhere around the 150 mark. In my mind, that's their level - ymmv..! I honestly think they're great value at 150, too..! That said, I would never in a million years pay 300 for one. However, if you can sell one for 300 - good luck to you. 

I'd also like to say, it wasn't my intention to start any arguments, or generate any bad feeling. As a longtime Westone owner/fanboy, I figured I was entitled to a say on the subject. Words on a screen can easily be taken differently to how they were intended... We can all get the wrong end of the stick, sometimes..

Edit: Can I also add that I'm not into the 'collectible' aspect, when it comes to guitars. To me, a guitar is a tool for making music. That means (to me) a 'guitar' has a finite value. When guitars become rare, or otherwise desirable, they tend to go above that value, and I have no interest in them. I, and the rest of the world, might value some brands more highly than others, so we pay more for a Gibson than a Westone, for example.. But that's the way the world goes round..  Thumb Up
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 am

Nice to see you back Bob! 

I don't think you started any arguments or otherwise,  just people (me included) like to have  their say, and their say matters (unless they're lying and selling untoward goods.....)
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: