The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN

+7
westcoaster
Thunder-Chunder
Barry
The Chad
Westbone
corsair
Kevh
11 posters

Go down

Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Empty Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN

Post by Kevh Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 am

5am. Not a totally unusual time for a knock from a friend. Opened door to find 2 lads in their 20s barging their way through kicking and punching their way through straight to the living room. They went straight for my 1A...i ended up unconscious in a pool of blood. I get the feeling i've took a crack off the heavy end of the 1A. So 4 broken ribs, 4 lott teeth a full amplitube 3 system yet nowt to plug into it.

Coppers  totally dismissive of both my guitar and injuries, askinng why would i be opening my door to anyone at that time, insinuating i brouight it on myself.

IF attempted to be sold to a member on here  it has a may 84 serial and is  filled at the bass end of the jack socket which is a real giveaway,and is probably wearing a LEvy  extra long strap
going to take me a year to be able to buy a new one unless i can get a lucky find.

Bruised, broken and totally gutted

kevh
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Empty Re: Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN

Post by corsair Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 am

Bastards!!! I'm glad you're not too badly worked over, but that's just bad enough!!
W*nkers need a good malletting and the cops sound like they need a rev up as well....

Commiserations, kev and we'll keep an eye out for your guitar.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Empty Re: Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN

Post by Westbone Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 am

Bad news indeed.

Times must be bad if they're doing that for a Thunder...affraid

Put the full serial number up, keep an eye out...cyclops
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 am

So sorry to hear that man, they will get what they deserve.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:20 am

Bastards indeed!!
Very sorry Kev. I hope you're on the mend my man. 

Stuff like this just boils my blood. And we're seeing increasing incidents, although so far it seems restricted to certain ethnic areas. Very frightening, especially the accompanying violence.

And what the hell's wrong with the cops here?
This is clearly trespass, assault, and theft regardless of the time of day. Why the **** aren't they doing their job?

Do we have pix and serial number of your Thunder? Lots of eyes here to watch for you.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:33 pm

an't seem to find the serial, but it was a May 84 guitar. It is easily distinguishable from other T1a by an accident in its history which has what looks like an amp or cab dropped on the jack. There's an area of filleri n a maybe 6mm semicircle holding the the jack input and from the input towards the lower bout.  Had a Levys extralong strap on it worth a few quid itself.

Totally guttted. I suffer from Bipolar and the guitar was my main coping method, playing softly when you're down then uptempo punk while in mania is very therapeutic.

I guess i just have to tighten the belt for a few month until i am in a position to pit some bids in on ebay/gumtree. Isnt as even I have a back up for such times. I hope the thieving gits who took it do the research and end up here.I don't seee as lot of use in buying a real cheap chinese gso, may as well get the guitar i want because theres so much versatility in those thunders. If anyone spots any cheap, functional T1   or T1A knocking aboit give us na headsup please.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Chunder Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm

That's shocking news Kev, will keep eyes open for sure.

what area you based in, got a mate is a regular boot sale scavenger so I'll get him to keep an eye out too.

Rest up and get well soon mate.
Thunder-Chunder
Thunder-Chunder
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:01 pm

If I was you i'd make an official complaint about the way the police have dealt with you.  In the meantime, have you contacted your local pawn shops / cash converters etc - you never know, the scum who did this might just be stupid enough to sell it locally.  Hope you get things sorted.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

I have made this post a "sticky" in this forum. Hope it helps give it a little more prominence.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Gutted for you Kev, remember, c**ts like that ALWAYS get caught eventually.
did you ever post a pic of it on here?
it'll turn up I've no doubt.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:40 am

The area is the NW of England,  particularly Chorley. The consollation prize i hope is they never smashed the computers or my little peavey xport DAC or m-audio KB i was using to control amplitube. Times are hard at the moment, it's going to be a tenner a week here and there but I will get there.

Thanks for all your overwhelming support, really..I'm just one man with one thunder and you guys have such amazing collections it's humbling. this time round i will try get something a little bit minter and a little older with a brass nut. I'll also be purchasing a baseball bat in case anyone tries the same stunt.  Lets see how they feel with four broken ribs and severe concussion
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 am

Kevh wrote:The area is the NW of England,  particularly Chorley. The consollation prize i hope is they never smashed the computers or my little peavey xport DAC or m-audio KB i was using to control amplitube. Times are hard at the moment, it's going to be a tenner a week here and there but I will get there.

Thanks for all your overwhelming support, really..I'm just one man with one thunder and you guys have such amazing collections it's humbling. this time round i will try get something a little bit minter and a little older with a brass nut. I'll also be purchasing a baseball bat in case anyone tries the same stunt.  Lets see how they feel with four broken ribs and severe concussion
A good handy stout piece of timber behind the door is always a good insurance policy, I've found... Wink

I know a few guitar people from the North West, so I'll share this with them, just in case anything crosses their path.

Get well soon!
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Still no news on the guitar, but at least on the mend a bit.  My facial skin tones settled down to plain old lancashire white but with a couple of black eyes, the ribs are going to take a little longer i think. Should be back in the market for a new 1a within a few week, and will be looking for something in better condition, preferably an early active version. Shout out to my brother who's offered to chuck £50 in, in exchange for a few lessons which I imagine means teaching him a few beatles classics, a few oasis numbers and some stone roses stuff. I'll be looking to pay about 250 for a good condition model. It did cross my mind to go for maybe a korean squire but I'll put that down to concussion.

THe one big lesson I've taken from this is to get the guitar insured. I've taken kickings, I know I can get over them but the empty stand besides my music computer breaks my heart every time i look at it. I know to most folks it isn't a lot of money, but I'm Bipolar and am squeezing by on benefits, so it really is a chunk for me. £2.50 a month to never have this feeling again is a bargain.

I've got a M-audio keyboard and synths, drums, reaper etc, but it just aint the same. It was only bought to grab control of amplitubes amplifier controls (knobs beat mouse hands down), but it shouldn't be too long before i am back to normal, and I can't wait to post some pics up with everything back together.

I can't thank everyone enough for their kind words, to me , just a minor player on a fantastic forum. I think this thread can be unstickied realistically. If the guitars in the hands of someone prepared to go to such lengths to get it, I doubt there's going to be any sudden attacks of guilt at this point.

Again, thanks everyone, it's been a source of comfort to know that there are people out there who can understand how i feel

kevh
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Get a claim in for criminal injuries compensation.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend mate, get yourself on the Freegle website http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/freegle-chorley/info
and see if you can grab yourself a free guitar to be getting on with while you save for a new Thunder.

all the best
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Empty Oh yes

Post by Kevh Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm

westcoaster wrote:Get a claim in for criminal injuries compensation.
I have to go back to the scan place in preston next week. I was left without my medication, which can only lead to manic episodes and i signed myself out. I will find out the full extent of the injuries received, and i still have concussion over a week later. Loss of a few teeth. Guess we'll see how it goes and if I have a claim.  Hopefully that's something that will be happening next year, i can't see these things being rushed

Fregee, never stumbled over that before, just browsing through makes me realise how many bads decisions i've made with musical instruments..Wavestation, that was a great piece of kit i once lent out but never got back, Roland SH101.when i had one i thought it was gash. the add on bit so you could wear it guitar fashion. Would have swapped in a moment for a moog rogue or prodigy. Sold it  few year later making a fair profit but should have held out a while longer before prices went stupid. 16 step triggered sequencer and multimode arpegiators couldnt hide the fact it was monophonic.Style over substance.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Just a thought.

You weren't playing your guitar at 5am when they burst in....Laughing
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:05 pm

I loved my sh101, really shoddy build quality though, fell to bits with gigging.
recently had to sell my beloved korg MS10 too, gonna miss that one.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive Shakedown Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 pm

A guitar matching that description is on sale on ebay, in the preston area and with a non standard jack socket, it's an 84. Hope you get it back, or at least get even.

link is here    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Thunder-1-v2-Guitar-needs-plastic-/251352412718?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a85c5722e
Clive Shakedown
Clive Shakedown

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Just a thought - might be better to pm kevh re anything that pops up rather than making it public and potentially alerting the theiving assholes.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 am

That's a June '84 guitar on Ebay
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive Shakedown Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 am

Good point west coaster. Although the seller in question seems to be a long term legit ebayer.
I have pm'd kev, also, does anyone have kev's personal email, he may not be checking his pm's.
Clive Shakedown
Clive Shakedown

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:39 am

pm's come up on your email as an alert.

His guitar is a May '84 guitar  ie. 405****

The one on Ebay is 406**** June '84
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive Shakedown Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

Ok, I guess I should have read the original post more closely. I just saw 84, busted socket and preston. Will pay more attention in future.
Clive Shakedown
Clive Shakedown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Well at least now I've got the funding together for another one. If anyones thinking of lightening their load, or has one to move on a one in one out basis, then theres always the option of of moving one on to me.  No favours asked and a fair market price for both parties. Any 83 brass nutted T1As sitting unstrummed in cases out there? I do read pm so it would be worthwhile iof anyones interested.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 pm

What's your kitty stretch to?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 am

would be about 230ish with postage. I would prefer to buy here than the bay as at least the guys here know what's what. Buying one for that on the bay to find it needs the same done in work again would not be good. Any old case will do for shipping.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey Kev, did you see this one? -> LINK

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 am

yeah, sden it, but the steel bridge would just get at me every time i played For that kinda cash I would expect an original guitar in decent shape, so it's a waiting game now,
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am

I wouldn't let that stop you. I recently restored a battered up Thunder which was missing one brass saddle (argggh!)

I ended up using a stainless steel set from GFS because the replacement cost for brass was out of proportion to what I paid for the guitar.

They look good and there's not a lot of difference in sound. LINK

The Thunder can be a loud guitar anyway, so even if it's a bit brighter, no worries. Laughing

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Got my eyes on an early paduak hopefully this weekend I can give it a whirl.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

The Paduak's a nice guitar too....but it ain't no Thunder!

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Hey Kev! We haven't heard from you in awhile.
What's happening?
How are your injuries, and did you ever get your replacement guitar?

All the best to you.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:45 am

Injuries healed, and my old boy stepped into the breach but would only buy me a new guitar on a limited budget. So at the moment i'm playing a Fender Marauder which i picked up cheaply from Andertons. Jazzmaster 90 in the neck and a gimkmicky 'triplebucker' in the bridge. Gets some great sounds out of amplitube Fender though, all that shimmer and sparkle. Chinese Fender badged from the same factory that produced the classic vibe series. Fit and finish superb, just needs a better trem, or blocking it off really. think i got it for 240 or so.

Goood news is though i just won 500 of her majesties folding in a barclays draw, so when that comes through i'll be back in the westone fold with a cleaner Thunder than  my last one.

So all in all Karma seems to have worked its magic, one of the perps has been found and dealt with by friends of mine and the other guys skipped town. And thanks for your concern Barry
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:19 am

Good to hear karma's on the case Wink
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:43 am

Might be worth unstickying this now, the guitar is long gone and there's every chance it was damaged badly when i took the hit anyway. If it shows up , then it shows up, but i'm resigned to losing it now. Thanks for the effort you guys put in though, it really is a great forum here.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am

You have been de-stuck.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:45 pm

I was considering selling my 1982 Thunder 1A, comes with case and leather strap fitted with straplocks (not the one in the photo). It has been thoroughly renovated and I put a new Gotoh GTC102 steel gold finish bridge on it as the brass one was badly pitted with a saddle missing. The new bridge is identical to the original Gotoh GTC101 with only difference being is that the original was brass. Having tried an original brass bridged 1A I would say that you would be hard pushed to hear any difference and the cosmetic look is much the same. It plays like a dream and going for the first £250.
Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Weston12
Took a serious kicking and GUITAR STOLEN Weston13
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:22 pm

£250!!!! affraid  affraid  £250!!!! affraid  affraid  Keep taking them pills.

You cannot be serious!... clown
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down