The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone

4 posters

Go down

Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone Empty Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone

Post by Meadows Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:54 am

Just a heads up on this fake Westone this guy is still trying to pass off as original. It was made in India and the details are on the non westone topic page. Even after explaining to the guy what he has, he's still using the name.....

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/westone-semi-acoustic-guitar/1032749481

This is pretty much the guitar he is selling....made by the Biswas company in India

Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone Newwes16
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone Empty Re: Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

Glad you didn't fall in that trap. And thanks for sharing the name of the maker factory as mentioned on the label.

Your member name sort of reminded me of a song by a band and a track that was featured on an LP that opened up my ears when i was sixteen or so which got me into guitar playing. So you inspired a search for it.  I'dd like to share this rendition of Grantchester Meadows from Umma Gumma by Pink Floyd. A live recorded version from 1970 I never saw before. I prefer the way David sings it on the record but Richard wright's organ playing makes me miss him all the more. Roger and David beautifully vulnerably together. It made my day again! Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/57341630

Last edited by jim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgotten link added)
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone Empty Re: Westone 215 on gumtree...Leave well alone

Post by Meadows Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 am

Hey Jim, glad it inspired some good memories of the Floyd. Grantchester Meadows is just up the way from us, on the south side of Cambridge and it is an old orchard set in meadow land next to the river Cam, where the bohemians from the universities used to go to chill, drink tea and write poetry.

Pink Floyd to us when we were young teenagers were almost local celebrities . We used to cycle to a place called Therfield manor where they rehearsed and sit on the big wall that surrounded it, listening and trying to catch a glimpse of the band, and we even saw them sitting in McDonalds in Letchworth late one Saturday night. We thought they were so cool and none of the other kids were into them.....Happy days

Back to the inner label on the guitar, it reads

M Biswas and Sons
Westone
215 Standard

and has a single black p90 style pickup

All the best

Last edited by Meadows on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spacing)
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks for the story. Hate to hear about their McDonalds gatherings it doesn't make sense but still... Becoming a convererted vegetarian takes time. Few are born with the knowledge. What it does to the rainforest and why or how.Is  just hearsay. To some I'm deaf. Others sing while slaughtering animals. There's a song in everything. And I;m not even talking about the music GMO's make. Imagine! The costs.
Happy offspring!
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Can't really see that he trying to pass the guitar off for anything other than what it is.

Hoax

Looked again - He has changed the advert. It is clearly neither Verithin or 335 copy

Last edited by hoax on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:49 pm

jim wrote: Hate to hear about their McDonalds gatherings it doesn't make sense but still... Becoming a convererted vegetarian takes time. Few are born with the knowledge.
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

BaAaAaa
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:53 pm

looks a nice guitar to be fair, once the macho bullhonky stickers come off!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down