The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John's back... with a new family member!

2 posters

Go down

John's back... with a new family member! Empty John's back... with a new family member!

Post by corsair Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Well, troops, I'm back - Polly I see informed the board of my mac troubles!! - and it's back and needless to say, I like it lots! It started life as an Matt strat - APII - which was pretty bloody tatty and needed some tarting up and Aunty Polly come up with the monochrome colour scheme, which has just been finished by a local airbrush artist. It is mechanically and electronically bog standard except for heavier duty wiring and a complete insulation job. It has a few issues like neck relief and the fact that it is completely dead at the moment(!), but nothing that a little time and effort won't put right! (It's been disassembled and buggered about with for about 2 years...)
I've strung it with .010s and am having hellish trouble adjusting to the light gauge as my acoustic which is the only guitar I've brought away with me is strung with .013s!!!

John's back... with a new family member! DSC_0052

John's back... with a new family member! DSC_0055

John's back... with a new family member! DSC_0056

John's back... with a new family member! DSC_0054
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

John's back... with a new family member! Empty Re: John's back... with a new family member!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm

WOW!

Cor Blimey mate, that is superb!
Very Happy

Woo Hoo! That's my design on there! Well, I know it's not exactly the same but I've got to say that he's done a cracking job on it!

That reminds me, I must give myself a swift kick up the butt and get that MMK75 off to you!
Laughing

Well done again mate, I'm chuffed to little mint balls!
cheers

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

John's back... with a new family member! Empty Re: John's back... with a new family member!

Post by corsair Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Cheers, chook - it's pretty much all your work there with the decals and all, eh!! Ain't it pretty?!?! ❤

I've had hells own job setting it up; you could have driven a truck underneath the strings at the 12th fret so I've shimmed the neck back and made truss rod adjustments so that it is now playable! It's still a very quiet electric guitar; I've yet to work out what the problem is there...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Aw shucks! You've almost got me blushing now! Embarassed

I'm still proud as punch though that I've played a major part in the creation of the 'Pollystrat'.
Very Happy

corsair wrote: It's still a very quiet electric guitar; I've yet to work out what the problem is there...

Ahem! Try putting some strings on it; it might not be so quiet then!
Laughing Razz Laughing

Pauline :flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 pm

Looks real nice Corsair!"I'm chuffed to little mint balls"  <-Can someone please translate this for me? 
halo71
halo71
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:34 pm

halo71 wrote:Looks real nice Corsair!"I'm chuffed to little mint balls" <-Can someone please translate this for me?

Laughing Laughing ...it's a Geordie colloquialism - Polly's from Newcastle-upon-Tyne and folk from thereabouts are known as "Geordies" - that I find absolutely rib-ticklingly funny, is all!!

Yeah; thanks, Poll'; funnily enough I had realised the lack of strings just might have been the cause of the probs. eh!! No, the electronics have packed a sad and left for places unknown.. I'm working on it.... slowly.... Smile
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm

halo71 wrote:"I'm chuffed to little mint balls" <-Can someone please translate this for me?

Hee hee! Laughing Laughing Laughing

John is right, it is a wee 'Geordie' expression and it simply means that I am so pleased!

Don't ask me where or how the mint balls (another Geordie term for hard round, mint flavoured local sweets, known as 'Black Bullets') come into it though, because I haven't got a clue!
Ya na's what a mean like hinny!
lol!

Pauline :flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down