The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone)

3 posters

Go down

What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone) Empty What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone)

Post by bcn Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello
I have the chance to get this basse in perfect state of preservation with only a year and half of careful use.Today, I have spoken with the owner of bass telephonically . The bass is in Spain and the price with shipping is 220 euros (U.S. $ 270).

Do you think that is a good option to buy for learning? I've read about this model that has the neck too much thicker than other basses. Maybe a big an important problem for someone who has not ever touched any bass and with very little experience playing guitar and also with small hands and fingers. Crying or Very sad

In Spain the price of the bass is around 600 euros (US$ 750)

http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/2013/01/01/gl-l-2000-tribute/

I do not know for lack of experience if it is better to seek a bass of less quality but narrower neck. Could you recommend any specific model with a very good playiability for an apprentice or do you believe that this G & L Tribute L-2000 is a good choice even for a person with small hands?

Regards
Manel
bcn
bcn
Registered Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone) Empty Re: What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone)

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

G&L guitars are fine quality instruments.
seems like a lot of money for a beginner, maybe more money than you need to spend.
i would suggest you go to a music store and play some different instruments and find one that is comfortable for you to play.

ask yourself:
how much do you want to play?
how much effort will you put into learning?
what if you decide you don't like bass?

maybe try a less expensive model until you know you want to pursue it as a long term interest
there are many, many entry level instruments that will suit your needs and are more affordable for the novice player

also, you may want to consider a bass with a short scale
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone) Empty Re: What is you opinion about this bass (no Westone)

Post by bcn Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 am

Hello,
The problem is that in Spain the second hand instruments are hard to find. Even more difficult is to find instruments used for lefties.
I dont find short scale bass used. I only find new ones. The price of G&L used and the new Ibanez model short scale is almost the same. It is true that I will dedicate little time and effort to learning the bass and perhaps in my case is most recommended a new Ibanez model albeit same price but less quality than the used G&L (Ibanez 30" scale vs G&L 34" scale)

Today I will look for two sizes basses in a music store
Regards
Manel

A little review of short Ibanez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkwteISf1Mc
bcn
bcn
Registered Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

if YOU can't tell the difference betwixt a usa made and a cheap version, then it don't matter........IF you CAN tell.......hold out for higher quality.

re: neck size.......look at peavey basses....there are several models that have verrry narrow nut widths........small hands will love these necks!
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down