The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X390CB Is On My For Sale List...

+2
Barry
squege1
6 posters

Go down

X390CB Is On My For Sale List... Empty X390CB Is On My For Sale List...

Post by squege1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Putting the 'feelers' out there to see if there is REAL interest in a X390CB. I am looking to move a few guitars I have to help start the new year right and pay off a few lingering bills I've had. The guitar has EMG replacement pickups. I do not have the originals. The guitar has replacement control knobs, they are plastics replicas of the originals. I live in Northern NJ and would be happy to let anyone who is local stop by to check it out and play it in person. I'd prefer if another forum member got it first before I resort to posting to Ebay or Craig's List. I am not the original owner. I had searched for years and when it came up on eBay last year I jumped at the chance and paid $1,850 for it. On the high end of the scale I know but after finding out that only 96 were made the price was right at the time. I would hope to recoup my cost but understand I may need to settle for less if I want to move it quickly. Trevor Rabin fans, are you still out there?

X390CB

Last edited by squege1 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
squege1
squege1
Registered Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-02-17

http://www.builtny.com

Back to top Go down

X390CB Is On My For Sale List... Empty Re: X390CB Is On My For Sale List...

Post by Barry Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

squege1 wrote:...a X390CB...has EMG replacement pickups...
Arrrrggghhhh!! affraid
Sorry.
Tension reliever.
Had to be done.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm

If at all possible squege I would hold on to it if you can.

For some reason I just cannot understand it seems these are just not moving like they ought to. The PW that has been on ebay a long while now still sees no takers at $999 or best offer and Colt's is still available in super sharp condition for too long as well.

The market is just isn't there unless you are ready to take a really large bath to move yours.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 am

I'd love to have the CB, but funds have been moved to different priorites at the moment. you would have to come way down ffrom 1850 for me to take a stab at it currently.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 am

I just grabbed an x390CB off do eBay for $850.
And I had time to consider whether I wanted to buy it or not...no one jumped on it.
And it still had the original Westone pickups in it...the EMGs are a significant demand deflator for just about anyone with enough knowledge of Westone to want it.

I'd love for you to get your asking price, but I would be very surprised if you would get even $1000 for it with non-original pickups. Sorry to dump ice water on your hopes, but reality is unforgiving.
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 pm

If my two cents is worth anything... Speaking for myself, I, at least, am not as interested as I was in these because I don't have as much cash as when I originally posted about one and tried to get the blue one from midhillis, and later, irishkaraoke on Ebay. It's really just a cash thing. The PW on Ebay isn't bad at $999, but I can't spare that much currently, and 1850 and Colt's price are just way too much for me. I'm not dogging these guys, I just don't have that money. Also, I was interested in picking up one because of Trevor. The Alvarez Rabin is the best neck ever. Super thin and narrow. The X300, not so thin or narrow, but I've gotten used to it, but I've heard the 390 necks are a bit bigger and I don't know if I could work with that. (and I don't have the cash to try! Razz )

Whew. Sorry about the long post, but I'm trying to be a better, more active member of the community!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by squege1 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:13 am

Decided to hold on to this...1 of 96 and Caspian Blue. I'll weather the financial storm and move a Music Man Luke or a PRS instead. Anybody have pickups they're looking to sell?
JC
squege1
squege1
Registered Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-02-17

http://www.builtny.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 am

Good call!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm

I tried to get this one - but I surely understand keeping it - I'll find another one - and good call keeping it - it's a great guitar
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down