The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please).

+5
colt933
Sfalj
corsair
Administrator
Old Gregg
9 posters

Go down

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). Empty Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please).

Post by Old Gregg Tue May 06, 2008 2:17 pm

I think that the title says it all Wink .

The model I'm after is the last incarnation of the Thunder IIIA bass, with the black hardware and the two humbuckers. Like this ...
Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). WestoneThunderIIIArange

(To ADMIN: This is a photograph of my own copy of a Westone catalogue. Hopefully that makes it admissable here!?).

I'd prefer a black one, but might consider a walnut coloured one, if the grain is particularly sexy Laughing .

Also, I'm only interested in an unmodified, great conditioned original - not asking for much, am I? Very Happy

Cheers!

Old Gregg
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). Empty Re: Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please).

Post by Administrator Tue May 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Mate, yes of course that's fine. Very Happy

Nice Bass - good luck!
Administrator

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). Empty Re: Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please).

Post by corsair Wed May 07, 2008 9:27 pm

hey, Gregg, would you be able to either scan that or photograph that catalogue for us? It is not one I've seen before!! I'm sure everyone would like to see it too; they aren't all that common!!

cheers
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Corsair,

It's not a full Westone catalogue, just a 3 page supplement to the 1985 (I believe) catalogue, showing a few of the revised models.

If Admin says it OK to do so, I gladly photograph the pages and post them somewhere here, for all to see!

Actually, I have all of these Westone catalogues, so if there are any other specific pages that you, or anyone else wants, let me (or Admin) know and I'll see what I can arrange Wink .

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). IMG_1316

Oh, before anyone asks, they're NOT for sale Laughing !
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sfalj Thu May 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Old Gregg wrote:I think that the title says it all Wink .

The model I'm after is the last incarnation of the Thunder IIIA bass, with the black hardware and the two humbuckers. Like this ...

(To ADMIN: This is a photograph of my own copy of a Westone catalogue. Hopefully that makes it admissable here!?).

I'd prefer a black one, but might consider a walnut coloured one, if the grain is particularly sexy Laughing .

Also, I'm only interested in an unmodified, great conditioned original - not asking for much, am I? Very Happy

Cheers!

Old Gregg

(Thread Hijack) And I'm looking for a golden egg laying hen. pirat

Good luck on your search though, I think you'll need it. All I can say is keep your eyes peeled.
Sfalj
Sfalj

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Thu May 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Scan anything and everything you can, I'll find a special place for them!
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sfalj Thu May 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Old Gregg wrote:Hi Corsair,

It's not a full Westone catalogue, just a 3 page supplement to the 1985 (I believe) catalogue, showing a few of the revised models.

If Admin says it OK to do so, I gladly photograph the pages and post them somewhere here, for all to see!

Actually, I have all of these Westone catalogues, so if there are any other specific pages that you, or anyone else wants, let me (or Admin) know and I'll see what I can arrange Wink .

You might want to send your scans to Westone.info to add content to the database. That way everyone can see!
Sfalj
Sfalj

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu May 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Old Gregg wrote:Actually, I have all of these Westone catalogues, so if there are any other specific pages that you, or anyone else wants, let me (or Admin) know and I'll see what I can arrange

...hell yes, please!!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Fri May 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Admin wrote:Scan anything and everything you can, I'll find a special place for them!

OK Chief, you got it Wink !

I don't actually possess a scanner, but I do have a camera and a tripod. So, when I have 3 hours to spare Razz , I'll photograph all of the pages and email them to you, to use as you see fit.

(Perhaps you'd be good enough to PM me a suitable email address :?: ).
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Fri May 09, 2008 3:41 pm

Sfalj wrote:

(Thread Hijack) And I'm looking for a golden egg laying hen. pirat

Good luck on your search though, I think you'll need it. All I can say is keep your eyes peeled.

I've got a turkey that lays copper eggs, if you'd consider part-exchange Laughing !?
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri May 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Sweet! You beauty! I wonder, though, if the catalogue scans shouldn't also go over to the main Westone info site so that all info is in one place as well as here? I mean, there can NEVER be enough info on the web, eh!? Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Sat May 10, 2008 6:17 am

corsair wrote:Sweet! You beauty! I wonder, though, if the catalogue scans shouldn't also go over to the main Westone info site so that all info is in one place as well as here? I mean, there can NEVER be enough info on the web, eh!? Very Happy

I'm going to send them all to Admin and leave it up to his discretion as to how best to use them.

Also, I've managed to locate my Spectrum Series catalogue from 1985/6 - that one has some great pictures in (remember the SX series guitars with the red or blue fretboards What a Face ) ?

So, watch this space ...... Wink
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Sat May 10, 2008 6:29 am

Well if it's alright with you Old Gregg, I'll put them up here and also pass them on to David at westone.info

Same goes for everyone, if you have anything interesting or some great pictures of your Westones that you want to share, please send them to me and I'll put them up. I'm planning a gallery section to compliment the site - nothing as comprehensive as westone.info, just a collection to nice guitars and memorabilia!

Like you say - you can never have too much westone on the web!
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sfalj Sat May 10, 2008 10:44 am

Admin wrote:Same goes for everyone, if you have anything interesting or some great pictures of your Westones that you want to share, please send them to me and I'll put them up. I'm planning a gallery section to compliment the site - nothing as comprehensive as westone.info, just a collection to nice guitars and memorabilia!

Sounds like a good excuse to take some artsy fartsy pictures of my guitars. Very Happy
Sfalj
Sfalj

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Sat May 10, 2008 11:02 am

Excellent! Go for it.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Old Gregg wrote:Also, I've managed to locate my Spectrum Series catalogue from 1985/6 - that one has some great pictures in (remember the SX series guitars with the red or blue fretboards What a Face ) ?

Hi Gregory,

I've got one of those! It's the red SX with the matching fingerboard and it is such a lovely guitar!
Smile

Admin wrote:Same goes for everyone, if you have anything interesting or some great
pictures of your Westones that you want to share, please send them to
me and I'll put them up. I'm planning a gallery section to compliment
the site - nothing as comprehensive as westone.info, just a collection
to nice guitars and memorabilia!

Nice one Neil! I'd better get the camera cranked up and start getting 'Arty Farty' with my Westones! Laughing

Pauline :flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat May 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Pollyanna wrote:I've got one of those! It's the red SX with the matching fingerboard and it is such a lovely guitar!

...now, isn't that the one you're sending to me for safekeeping and study purposes??! Laughing ❤
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Mon May 12, 2008 4:42 pm

I want one too! Let me know if you find 2 of them in pristine condition Cool
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm

colt933 wrote:I want one too! Let me know if you find 2 of them in pristine condition Cool

Are you talking about the Thunder IIA Bass, colt933, or were you referring to the red SX guitar mentioned a couple of posts above :?: .

If you want a Thunder IIIA Bass, but don't mind one with the P/J pickup configuration, there's one for sale in the UK at the moment (well, for the next 3hrs and 35 mins Razz ). Here's the eBay link .....

I'm not bidding on this one (obviously Wink ), as I really want the later model.
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Ebay Link

Maybe someone on this forum is willing to help you out with the collect-only issue?

Last edited by Pollyanna on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shortened eBay link)
hummel
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am

hummel wrote:Ebay Link

Maybe someone on this forum is willing to help you out with the collect-only issue?

No need Wink , my brother lives in Hitchin Very Happy !

The bass isn't in quite the condition that I was hoping for, but I guess that if the bridge was resprayed, cleaning up the rest of it would be a doddle.

I'll probably have a bid on it anyway and let you all know what happens.

Thanks hummel.
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). Empty Update:

Post by Old Gregg Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:01 am

Well, I said I'd "let you know what happens", so here it is.

Although the auction's still running, the bidding's up to nearly £300 now and that's more than I want to pay for a less than immaculate example.

Also, my Spectrum GT Bass turned up today and that's pretty much replaced the Thunder IIIA as my ideal Westone bass, so I'm not even really sure that I want a Thunder IIIA any more Neutral .

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). IMG_1499
Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). IMG_1500
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). Empty Cool Catalogues!!! I Can't wait to see!!!

Post by king koeller Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:14 am

Old Gregg wrote:Hi Corsair,

Westone Thunder IIIA fretted Bass, with Magnabass humbuckers (top condition only please). IMG_1316

king koeller
king koeller
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:28 pm

king koeller wrote:I can't wait to see!!!

Hi KK!

Yes, hopefully Admin will add them to the website (somewhere) in the near future Very Happy .

In truth though, they are mostly the same as the scanned catalogues shown on the "other" Westone website, so maybe that's why they haven't been given any space here !?

Who knows? Wink
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by badger Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Scans of all of those catalogues are available at http://www.westone.info/catalogues.html
badger
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:02 am

hi,
i didn't know where i should post this,but i think this could be the right thread:
I'm planning to design a "westone-t-shirt",just a black shirt with the westone-eagle(?) on it.therefore i need a high-quality scan of this beast Wink .It would be really nice if someone who owns a catalogue could send me such a picture.

best wishes
hans
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down