The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert tonight

3 posters

Go down

Concert tonight Empty Concert tonight

Post by Mr. Jingles Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 am

Iron Maiden tonight with my very favorite group Alice Cooper opening. I'm drooling already !!!
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Concert tonight Empty Re: Concert tonight

Post by beavis Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 am

Sounds good! And in Philly, it must be quite a show! Never seen Cooper live, but Maiden always know what they're doing.
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Gotta say that Bruce Dickinson's voice is one of my favorite for some reason.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Jingles Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Never seen iron maiden before (looking forward to those 2 ax burners) but seen the coop about 10 times. It's usually the same thing (cut his head off or hang himself). Never gets old...LOVE IT TO DEATH each time.
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Jingles Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Sad Sad Sad First, I'd like to say I will not be attending any more concerts at the Susquehanna center anymore !!! It was my first time there and I knew it was out doors (our seats were under the pavillion) but I sweat my balls off like a pig !!! Second, The Coop is not an opening act !!! 45 minutes is not enough time for him to get his show going. (It was a short version of last years No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour witch I saw last year). The music was decent. Most of the crowd was into Alice but this was probally the first time they have ever seen him and really didn't know what to expect !!! Lastly, Iron Maiden was decent but by this time me and the wife were soaked in sweat and had moved to the lawn because it was cooler out there ! Could not understand most of the words because the pa could have been turned up a notch or two. (doesn't help that I don't know most of their songs anyway). The guitar players didn't let me down though. They kicked A** !!! They used strats all night long except the one guy would switch between a strat and les paul. Could not tell what kind of amps were being used because everything was covered to look like a si-fi frozed planet. Lights and lasers and fire were great though!!! Might have liked it more if it were in an enclosed arena with air conditioning!!! Anyway looking forward to the Philly Blues Fest next month.Smile Smile Smile
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:04 am

So Maiden are back down to 2 guitarists? They use hotrailed strats and indeed know what they are doing.

Always a disappointment when a big name like Cooper ends up playing just 45 minutes... And too bad the heat prevented you from enjoying it anymore. Sounds cool nonetheless though.
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Jingles Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:03 am

Hey Beavis...Iron Maiden still has 3 guitars but the one guy hardly plays lead like the other two. He was more in the backround most of the time from what I saw.
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down