The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-gig Injuries

+2
beavis
IanO
6 posters

Go down

Pre-gig Injuries Empty Pre-gig Injuries

Post by IanO Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 am

Hi all,

I'm sitting at home ,off work as I have managed to slice across the top of the 1,2,3 fingers of my right hand with a circular saw. I've been extremely lucky, no bone damage, can still move 'em (limited by bandaging) and apparently no nerve damage (although middle finger is a bit pins and needly). What has really got me thinking is that, apart from how stoopid I've been (and lucky), is the fact that about an hour before the event, the bass player in my band informed me of 2 gigs in 3or 4 weeks and 1 in 2 months and that injuries/cuts/bruises to my hands etc seem to increase with the confirmation of a gig. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? I can remember years ago, the other guitarist in the band at the time shutting his finger in a car door 2 nights before a gig.
Please confirm that I'm not a zone of bad luck and that this is worldwide problem.
Oh well tablet time....back soon
Where did I put that compensation claim form?

Ian

Pre-gig Injuries Image0148
IanO
IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Pre-gig Injuries Empty Re: Pre-gig Injuries

Post by beavis Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:17 am

Wow just finished my lunch. Think I might chuck it up pretty soon...

That's a gory pic. One thing that would make me laugh though, is the look on the customs official's face were you to travel to the USA and give your fingerprints.

I wish you a quick recovery.
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah, thats pretty nasty man. I work in construction and i've seen/had my fair share of injuries, you are one lucky sob!! A circular saw? I'm not sure how you didn't cut all the way thru, but i'm glad for you that you didn't. Then again, you could be rockin' the Toni Iommi fingertips! Very Happy Just jokin, heal quickly so you can play again soon.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 am

Thats a nasty cut there. Hope you have a speedy recovery and no problems. I think we all get the gig gitters about being injured prior to a gig. It seems we get so paranoid about it that we overdo the safety sometimes to avoid it to no avail. Accidents happen but at least you should heal drom this with no problems. Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 pm

OW!!
How the hell you manage to do that?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm

ooh, that will hurt for ages, its where all the nerves are concentrated.

What about using a thumb pick?

grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by IanO Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I think I may have to give a thumb pick a go-will have to spend some sick pay on one (maybe 2 - live a little) I wasn't quite stupid enough to cut through the piece I was holding and my fingers at the same time, even more stupidly I decided to hold the door I was cutting the edge off exactly where the blade came through the other side-hence my relatively minor injuries considering the instrument used....in fact every time think about it, I get a sick feeling in my gut because of how bad it could have been.
Had the dressings changed today at the GP surgery, the nurse asked how I did it....will it ever get less embarrassing. She thinks i may have reduced feeling in the tip of my middle finger will just have to wait and see.
IanO
IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum