The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!!

3 posters

Go down

Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!! Empty Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!!

Post by PaulS Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Feeler for now to see if I get a response. I bought this to have a 'matched pair' with my Washburn Scavenger bass, which I have now sold, and I don't really have any need for (yet) another 6 string guitar knocking about.

A Washburn Raven guitar, made in Japan, Matsumoku factory between 1978 and 1981. This was the 'entry level' model for the Wing Series that included the Hawk, Falcon, Eagle, what have you - I am sure you chaps know a lot more about it than I do. It is in pretty good nick for it's age and plays nicely - no particular issues that I am aware of. Build quality is excellent, as you would expect for a Matsumoku instrument. The high end models had a through neck that, I am told, were a little wobbly - this is bolt on and stable as anything. It sounds immense - somewhere in between a Gibson Les Paul and an SG, with a leaning towards the Les Paul. I think these look cool as anything.

Here is a link to the Matsumoku info page on them, which tells you all the spec:
clicky

Here are a couple of pics

Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!! Raven111
Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!! Raven210

it would come with a hard case originally used for a Les Paul into which it fits nicely.

I will be looking for £175 incl. the case, £135 including a soft gig bag, collected from Benfleet in Essex or couriered at cost.

Last edited by PaulS on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!! Empty Re: Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!!

Post by hobster Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Nice guitar, i've always loved the Washburn Wing series. Really dig the body shape and the scoop in the neck thrus ala the Hawk. Reasonable price, good luck with your sale.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!! Empty Re: Nearly a Westone... Washburn Raven - AND SOLD!!

Post by PaulS Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 am

I've dropped the price of this to £135 including a soft gig bag, rather than the hard case which I will keep for my Thunder 1T. Someone must be tempted!!

Next day courier to mainland England will be approx £15.
PaulS

Back to top Go down

Post by 56coupe Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi mate,
Nice Raven guitar you have there I am interested in it as I have been looking for one so to copy the neck I have one here with no neck ( long story ) how could I pay for it do you have a paypal account? I am in Leeds . I just registered on here to be able to send this message but I have an ebay account with good feedback same user name ( 56coupe ) regards Richard
56coupe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulS Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 am

Hi Richard

I have sent you a PM!

I guess that makes this on hold now.... Smile
PaulS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down