The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of this?

+8
DuoFuzz
The Chad
Westbone
anaerobe
hoax
Warrn
Iceman
hobster
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you guys think of this?

Post by jk_lxndr Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Here's my Hondo II professional. I'm not sure of the model name or number but I'm pretty sure its the same as hobsters and westbone's.

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Img_6510

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Img_6512

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Img_6513

jk_lxndr
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you guys think of this?

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Certainly is the same. What you got on the bottom of the pups?

Nice guitar.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 pm

hoax wrote:Oh Bugger - If we are back to the Hondo Forum again, here is one I found in a case at Westbone's house while he was out. lol! It is set neck, Dimarzios and looks a lot like Barry's Vantage.

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 S5001412

Hoax

That's a recent score, niiice
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 pm

hobster wrote:That is kinda strange D Fuzz, i thought for sure you'd have a stamp in there. Shocked I was wrong about the neck pocket, i guess they stamped the pickup cavity instead. Maybe they made them somewhere else also. My P bass copy has the same headstock as the Lead II copies and i LOVE the neck on it! Rockin, here are a few pics:

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 011-3

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 019-2

I'll post some pictures on the project i'm getting soon, see where that sucker is made. By the way, the neck thru i started this thread with is no longer BIN and being bidded on,lets see where she ends up.

Looking at that neck. It's just as a Fender from the 70's with the veneer type fingerboard, even has the 'high up' truss rod as per vintage guits. Bet it has s skunk stripe.

Last edited by Westbone on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jk_lxndr Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 pm

I dont know anything about pick ups so ill just put up a pic Cool

[img]What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 Img_6514[/img]
jk_lxndr
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Good p/ups. Great guitar you have there. Smile
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Westbone wrote:
hobster wrote:That is kinda strange D Fuzz, i thought for sure you'd have a stamp in there. Shocked I was wrong about the neck pocket, i guess they stamped the pickup cavity instead. Maybe they made them somewhere else also. My P bass copy has the same headstock as the Lead II copies and i LOVE the neck on it! Rockin, here are a few pics:

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 011-3

What do you guys think of this? - Page 2 019-2

I'll post some pictures on the project i'm getting soon, see where that sucker is made. By the way, the neck thru i started this thread with is no longer BIN and being bidded on,lets see where she ends up.

Looking at that neck. It's just as a Fender from the 70's with the veneer type fingerboard, even has the 'high up' truss rod as per vintage guits. Bet it has s skunk stripe.

No skunk stripe actually, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. I thought the skunk stripe is only on all maple necks like strats where the truss rod was inserted, whereas it can be inserted prior to the fingerboard on necks like this one. Did that make sense?
These copies were pretty dead on with the originals, she's just like a P bass. Very Happy I love slapping on this thing!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jk_lxndr Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Are you based in the UK westbone? if you are where did you get your Hondo II like mine? or do you know of anywhere I can get one?
jk_lxndr
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Westbone wrote:Good p/ups. Great guitar you have there. Smile

Yup, those MMK's were exclusively placed in Matsumoku guitars and were made by Matts. Its really cool if you think about it, how many factories actually made their own pickups? None i can think of.
Its cool to see the Hondo thread blowing up, those are great guitars you guys have!
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by jk_lxndr Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 pm

hobster wrote:
Westbone wrote:Good p/ups. Great guitar you have there. Smile

Yup, those MMK's were exclusively placed in Matsumoku guitars and were made by Matts. Its really cool if you think about it, how many factories actually made their own pickups? None i can think of.
Its cool to see the Hondo thread blowing up, those are great guitars you guys have!

couldn't agree more! have you any idea when these guitars could've been made. the serial number is 0070019

jk_lxndr
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 pm

If it has MMK's like yours it was made at the Matsumoku factory, unless they were switched out, which is highly unlikely on your axe.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:16 pm

jk_lxndr wrote:Are you based in the UK westbone? if you are where did you get your Hondo II like mine? or do you know of anywhere I can get one?

Yes I'm in the Uk. They appear here and there, got to keep your eyes peeled. Cash Concepts/Converters ect. ebay,gumtree preloved.
You like 'em so much you have to have 2?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jk_lxndr Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Westbone wrote:
jk_lxndr wrote:Are you based in the UK westbone? if you are where did you get your Hondo II like mine? or do you know of anywhere I can get one?

Yes I'm in the Uk. They appear here and there, got to keep your eyes peeled. Cash Concepts/Converters ect. ebay,gumtree preloved.
You like 'em so much you have to have 2?

Haha yeah. Well i've got a few bits missing from mine and fancy working on one for a bit of a challenge.
jk_lxndr
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2