The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS

5 posters

Go down

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS Empty Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS

Post by danagos Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey All,

I'm restoring a Pantera X275CS, hopefully to it's beautiful original Spec. Well as close as you can with a splintered Head Stock Tip. That parts nearly done. Thankfully I've sorted out the correct positions of the Bridge Saddles.

Some Screwy Lefty, NOT that all are, attempted to Hendrix-ize it and put a hole in the bottom horn for a Strap Button as well. That still needs attention. BTW, I was married to a Lefty (my Favorite ex-wife) and heartily recommend the opposite handed to all. PM me if you need an explanation. :~)

He (the Screwy Lefty) also lost the shims for the Locking Nut. Got the Base, Screws and top Plates. I've looked about for a replacements and am now reduced to begging.

I *think* that Corsair stated (somewhere in here) that they're 1mm thick. If forced to I'll have a go at (shudder) creating some. I assume that the shim should be thick enough to keep the string from being trapped in the "V" channel and snapped when tightened.

I'll gladly pay for them and/or perform service and/or penance and suchlike. I could trade a Switchmaster knob I've got sitting around waiting for another project. I hereby swear to post pics before and after.

Yours,

Dan

p.s. I apologize if the Screwy Lefty has Grown Up and is a member here and will return said Shims!!

danagos
danagos
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS Empty Re: Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS

Post by corsair Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:18 am

PM sent...
corsair

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS Empty Re: Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS

Post by fish Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:39 am

PM sent.... scratch
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 am

Private Message sent... Smile
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by danagos Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am

Awhile, a looong while, ago I posted this "Cry for Help" re: a Pantera X275 CS that had fallen on hard times.

With some help from Corsair, many thanks, and a lot of time, sweat and procrastinating, the restoration has become...well, as complete as it ever will be.

Complete enough to list on evilbay, "Gorgeous, Cherry Red, Two Tone PANTERA Westone/Matsumoku".

In addition to the obvious complaints listed previously, I found that the "Lefty" had changed the Bridge Saddles around to suit his "Taste". That took some time to sort out.

I promised pictures of the restoration and they're long overdue.

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 03-17-11001-1-1 Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 03-17-11022-1

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 03-20-11014-1 Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 07-24-11004-2-1

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 07-24-11012-1

Pantera - Wanted - Lock Nut Shims for a Pantera X275CS 07-24-11019-1

Glad to answer any questions re: the restoration. Hint: I spent hours finding just the right shade of Nail Polish!

I can't thank you enough John, I was dead in the water before your offer. Thanks as well to the many Westone Forums posters who have shared both trials and tribulations that gave me hope when this project seemed doomed.

Dan
danagos
danagos
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Bravo, mate - that's a bottler!! Nice colour... certainly a lot more "manly" than my Pink Thing!! Laughing Shame you've gotta move it on, eh... Smile That's not an FT bridge, though.. it's the Deluxe...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 am

Beautiful job! Well done.
Funny you should mention nail polish. I have a few chips on my Danelectro which need repairing and there just isn't any touch up paint to be found for the unique "Cool Copper" colour (Dano colours are unique to say the least). I was thinking of nail polish to the rescue.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8702
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danagos Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've never been much of a wood worker, tool user or handy man, so they're really appreciated.

Amended my listing, thanks for the catch John. cheers

The Nail Polish worked nicely, Barry, topped off with a little thin Super Glue.

Also, the "Polisha por de Nailsa" comes in so many colors that you're pretty sure to get a match on anything Red! Laughing

An additional benefit is getting to visit pharmacy after pharmacy and chat up the customers in the "feminine goods" aisle. I got a lot of help that way. :queen: king

Carrying a guitar body is essential to getting a precise color match and separates you from the guys who are just shopping.

I have so much "brrr red" polish left that I'm thinking of doing my toenails. But not till Winter! Embarassed

dan

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail." lol!
danagos
danagos
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Gees Dan, that sure is one sweet Pantera there!! Wink
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down