The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for an "old" Thunder III

3 posters

Go down

thunder - Looking for an "old" Thunder III Empty Looking for an "old" Thunder III

Post by arcoddath Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:30 am

I know it's a change from everyone wanting X350s but my own bit of guitar lust is the older through-neck walnut-n-maple Thunder III with the active electronics and the stop tailpiece. I've sadly missed two on eBay in the last few months so I thought I'd pop my nose in here in the hope that someone will spot one in a place I've not seen.

They're just gorgeous, gorgeous things and hopefully at least as good as my beloved Thunder I-A.

Having said that, the X350 is undeniably handsome so perhaps I should get one of those then offer to swap it for a Thunder III...?

(As an aside, my wife's a Duran Duran fan and I swear Andy Taylor's playing a Thunder III in the video for Careless Memories. I'll see if I can grab a still.)

Last edited by arcoddath on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
arcoddath
arcoddath
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

thunder - Looking for an "old" Thunder III Empty Re: Looking for an "old" Thunder III

Post by Warrn Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Hmm... nope, not a Westone in the Duran Duran video, headstock shape is wrong and the knobs are in the wrong layout. Very nice, though, whatever it is!
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

thunder - Looking for an "old" Thunder III Empty Quite right

Post by arcoddath Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 am

I had a closer look and now reckon it's an Aria Pro II, possibly a "ThorSound" or similar -- there's something very similar on ebay UK now (here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280629292327 though that has a six-a-side headstock) for £400. John Taylor's playing an Aria Pro II bass in the same video so maybe there were freebies from a dealership involved.

Thanks for replying.

AxS

Last edited by arcoddath on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change name of Aria guitar, add link to eBay auction)
arcoddath
arcoddath
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

thunder - Looking for an "old" Thunder III Empty Re: Looking for an "old" Thunder III

Post by SteveA Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

I have one, just like the top pictures here, but with slightly worn pots.

www westone.info/thunder3v1.html

I'm currently in Amsterdam, moving to London soon. And I've realized I have too many guitars, so I'm looking to sell this one.
SteveA
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down