The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabin's 390

Go down

Rabin's 390 Empty Rabin's 390

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I've read bits and pieces about Rabin's Pantera 390 but wondered if anyone knows if the PUPS in it were left stock or did he replace them? If replaced, anyone know what kind?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Rabin's 390 Empty Re: Rabin's 390

Post by colt933 Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm

sarcaster wrote:I've read bits and pieces about Rabin's Pantera 390 but wondered if anyone knows if the PUPS in it were left stock or did he replace them? If replaced, anyone know what kind?

Tom will probably know for sure, but I believe they are stock.

A few years ago, an associate of Tom's told me that Rabin would pay top dollar to acquire OFC pickups from the X390 - he was looking for them and liked their tone.

I have one X390CB with the Bendmaster Deluxe instead of the Kahler and I have put a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Fred in the neck and I like these better than the stock pickups. But it depends on what you're going for. My X390PW has the Kahler and stock pickups.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Rabin's 390 Empty Just watched

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 am

Just watched Rabin's instructional DVD he made a few years back. He actually mentioned Tom from SLM when describing his 390 - basically sounded like he borrowed it and never gave it back Smile
No mention of the pickup type, but at first glance appear stock.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Rabin's 390 Empty Re: Rabin's 390

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum