The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Video

3 posters

Go down

Westone Video Empty Westone Video

Post by boutjp97 Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Hello all. I bought a digital 8 track recorder a few weeks ago and finally got around to trying it out. I “stole” a bunch of pictures from the old forum as well as from a general google search and my own personal collection and made a short video with my first scratch recording in almost a decade as the background song. It really isn’t a song, just a little ditty that I put together on the spot to try out the recorder. If anyone else here is a new player or just getting back into playing and would like the raw background without the solo to play to yourself I’ll gladly upload it. It is a really simple jingle type riff and sorry to all the bass players out there but it is a bass simulator, really my Pantera X300. Just same drum beat all the way through and 1 layer of rhythm guitar and one layer of bass simulator. Then three layers of solo (left, right, center), all played separately as you will be able to tell because I just don’t have all the dexterity needed to play like that back yet. More practice!!!!!! See if your guitar makes an appearance. Less than three Megs for dial up users and a free download.

http://rapidshare.com/files/124133561/westone.wmv

boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Westone Video Empty Re: Westone Video

Post by Old Gregg Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:23 am

Nice work, boutjp97!

Great tribute to a great guitar manufacturer. I saw my Thunder 1A bass in there too (at 1m 57s), which was cool Very Happy .
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Bout, that is so cool! Cool Well done! cheers

Was that my Genesis II in there?
scratch

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 am

Very cool, thanks Jason - you possess a degree of tech smarts I can only dream about!! My limit would be feeding the line out from my PA into my macs onboard studio... and then losing it!

"Luddite, thy name is John!"

Nice piece, BTW - I amused myself by playing harmony lines a la Ry Cooder on my Clipper - not particularly well, but with enthusiasm!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Westone Video Empty You all are very kind

Post by boutjp97 Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:35 am

I do appreciate all the nice things said. I know it is ruff and amateur but I just started playing again and just threw it together. I love going on youtube and watching other people play westone guitars. I find it fascinating how you can see a spectrum ST play rock and then in another video hear amazing tones coming out of the same model playing blues. I also love amateur compositions because they are raw and not over polished. Do any of you have video or audio of your westone uploaded to hear or watch???? Would love to hear from the talent out there.

boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:45 pm

boutjp97 wrote: Do any of you have video or audio of your westone uploaded to hear or watch????

...where I live I'm on dialup and uploading anything other than small jpgs takes an eon so I'm out! Besides, I've a bit of video of me on my Vantage at various gigs over the years but no Westones; I'm a recent convert; not to Matsumoku but to Westone/Electra - I've had my Vantage for near on 30 years from new!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down