The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder 1A controls

2 posters

Go down

Thunder 1A controls Empty Thunder 1A controls

Post by wemfender Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi All, well my Thunder arrived and I have spent a few hours trying to work this guitar out ( the controls ) I need some help to understand if it is doing what it should. So here we go, volume/ tone ?/ and a knob with B--O--T on it. in passive mode the B--O--T control seems to do nothing, the tone ? adds treble and an increase in volume when at 10, rolling it of back to 1 reduces the treble and the volume giving a bassy sound. with the active swith on ( I assume this to be the one under the B--O--T knob awitched in the direction towards the neck) in this position the B--O--T control goes bassy toward the B rotation and trebley towards the T rotation. the tone ? knob acts the same as in passive mode. when I switch the phase switch ( the one under the tone ? knob, i hear little or no difference, when I have the coil tap pointing in the direction towards the neck, the neck pickup sounds like a humbucker, full, hit the switch the other direction and it thins down like a single coil, with the bridge pickup engaged the coil tap switch then works in the opposite directions, towards the neck single coil, towards the bridge full humbucker sound. question, is this correct or can anyone supply a simple idiot proof instruction so i know what planet i am on. By the way I love this git all ends up.
Regards Steve.
wemfender
wemfender
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Thunder 1A controls Empty Re: Thunder 1A controls

Post by Westbone Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm

As a guide check on 82/83 + april us pricelist catalog, on Westone site. yours works the same as Thunder III. Hows your batteries??
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Thunder 1A controls Empty Thunder 1A controls,

Post by wemfender Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 am

Firstly thank you Westbone for the reply and for directing me to the catalogue, yes that appers to be the set up for my guitar, I did have old baterries in it ( had them lying around ) I put new ones in last night but it was to late to give it a run, another question, does the phase switch opperate in all three pickup positions or just the middle position ( ie when both pickups are in use, hence then putting them out of phase with eath other ? ) thanks in advance for the help.
Regards Steve.
wemfender
wemfender
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 pm

The phase switch only changes the phase of the bridge pup. Like your you tube by the way.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Thunder 1A controls Empty Thunder 1A controls,

Post by wemfender Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 am

Hi westbone, thank you again for the help, the new batteries did make a difference, and now I can actualy hear the difference when hitting the phase switch.Thanks for the comments on the tube stuff.
Regards Steve,
wemfender
wemfender
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down